Racing Sport Axleback Exhaust - I am in love!

kingnut

Established Member
those do sound really good, but $700 REALLY!!! someone tell me they are cheaper than that. i was thinking they would run $275 max.

kevinp

Established Member
Of course not. I was just jabbing re the comment of too much for no gain.

They prob add zero. But to me sound is important. Better sound and no Hp is better than drone and or too high pitched with 10 Hp gain. But that's just me.

My next mod will be a supercharger at low psi. I am sure there will be folks who say, waste of money to only boost 7-8 psi and I should go up. I am not to worried about squeezing every Hp I can per dollar. Just building my def of perfect 5.0

I posted to share my purchase and help others research. To be honest I think muffler deletes doesn't sound anything close to my setup. Or else I would have gotten muffler deletes.

700 is a lot for an exhaust, but not if its exactly what you want and if you are happy. Its all kind of relative, I had the hushpower and it lasted exactly three days on my car (drone). I was looking at the sport but went with the GT500 mufflers, hard to beat for under 300.00 except the tailpipes are a little short.

As far a the supercharger 7psi on a higher compression 400hp engine is quite a kick, its not 8-9 second scare you to death on the street power but it really transformed this car and makes it a blast to drive. I know people that have spent nearly the same on high end wheels and tires than this blower cost and got zero practical performance out of it so it all depends on what YOU are looking for :beer:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
That's about the same price as the borla exhausts, so I don't get why everyone is freaking out? Sure, it'd be nice if they were less expensive, but I doubt that'll happen.

OP, I meant to ask you this um, elsewhere, but in your interior video, did you have the window down the whole time? I also assume most of that time was spent in lower gears so we could all hear the exhaust right?

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
That's about the same price as the borla exhausts, so I don't get why everyone is freaking out? Sure, it'd be nice if they were less expensive, but I doubt that'll happen.

OP, I meant to ask you this um, elsewhere, but in your interior video, did you have the window down the whole time? I also assume most of that time was spent in lower gears so we could all hear the exhaust right?

Up the hill in beginning was window up. After the 1st right turn is all windows half way down. I stayed under 4k until the 2 min marker.

The tips on this axleback are also rolled polished like borla. The gt500 I thunk has a basic exhaust tip. But I am not 100%. Also mine are deeper tone than the borla SType mufflers

Users who are viewing this thread