racing an 03 cobra tomorrow

bobbyj

Established Member
a friend of mine setup a little race between myself and his friend. i drive a 2011 brembo 5.0. six speed. 3.73 gears. only mod that im aware of is magna flow exhaust. i bought the car used and the exhaust was already on it. ill be running a "Stock" 03 cobra. he supposedly only has an exhaust. im not afraid of losing its all in fun and games for me. what do you guys think my chances are?

MoonRider

Established Member
If its stock vs stock its going to be a drivers race who ever jumps out first will win

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
a friend of mine setup a little race between myself and his friend. i drive a 2011 brembo 5.0. six speed. 3.73 gears. only mod that im aware of is magna flow exhaust. i bought the car used and the exhaust was already on it. ill be running a "Stock" 03 cobra. he supposedly only has an exhaust. im not afraid of losing its all in fun and games for me. what do you guys think my chances are?

From a roll or dig?

bobbyj

Established Member
im sure well do every run imaginable. probably a dig. 20 roll. 40 roll. 50 roll. should be a good time. he claims stock, but how many stock cobras have you seen? i can count on one hand how many ive seen. should be a good time though

REPCobra10

Established Member

If the Cobra is "stock", then you'll have a fighting chance, albeit the outcome will be extremely close! However, if that "stockness" is conservative, you're going to get sodomized, plain and simple, being that you're basically stock...:beer:

CobraHuck

Established Member
Total drivers race going off what you said. I ran a guy not long ago in a stock Termi (still had the pulley cover/original air intake and wires!) and got him by about a 3/4-1 full length

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
If he's stock then it's gonna be close. I have 3.31 gears and from a 40 roll in 2nd I would lose to my friend's pulled cobra by a car to car and a half when I was stock. Different story now though. And you should have the race in the bag from a dig.

bobbyj

Established Member
thanks for all the feedback guys. im not to confident in winning, but itll be nice to see where i stand and then ill get him to run me after im tuned and see the difference. ill let everyone know tomorrow how it turns out.

REPCobra10

Established Member
thanks for all the feedback guys. im not to confident in winning, but itll be nice to see where i stand and then ill get him to run me after im tuned and see the difference. ill let everyone know tomorrow how it turns out.

Fair enough, sir...:beer: We all race to see what we've really got and we go from there with modifications to better our performance...:rockon:

burke985

Established Member
If all he has is exhaust then it should be a good race. I ran one on the interstate when my car was stock aside from the rims and gt500 mufflers and there was no clear winner I would say it was about even so the one I ran had to be mostly stock aside from exhaust. If hes not lying it should be a drivers race

jas11151990

Established Member
lolz, I remember my vid of me beating a stock cobra and how much hell it caused. GL man you should do well.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
im sure well do every run imaginable. probably a dig. 20 roll. 40 roll. 50 roll. should be a good time. he claims stock, but how many stock cobras have you seen? i can count on one hand how many ive seen. should be a good time though

Mine was stock.......for a week :pepper:

Good luck. :pop:

Last edited:

bigriff85

Established Member
If the cobra guy knows how to drive don't get your hopes up their lighter and the blowers torque is gonna throw the cobra ahead but if he spins it'll be drivers race...I've only seen in person one 5.0 beat a termi and it had 60 hp on the terminator and still barely won (cobra guy has straight axle and driver mod)...either way it's a fun race but these cars need more than what most say to beat one of these cars unless their racing the old man w the gold clubs in the bac seat who roll in first and blow the tires off and lose to rice burners too lmao...

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
I raced a stock 03 cobra when i was stock but it was a vert and I beat him by about a car from a 40 roll.

I thought 03 cobra's were pretty heavy? So you're saying a 03 cobra is only 3500lbs?

Users who are viewing this thread