racetracks in socal

randy

Established Member
Is there any chance at all that building a decent track in socal could become a possibility? I live 100 miles from LACR and 140 miles from Carlsbad. I have NO traction at EITHER venues with dr's and cannot break into 11's. I know Borla was trying to get one here in Ventura and that would be a blessing...seems the public hates street racing, but does not want to allow racers a safe place to race their cars..

46stang

Established Member
it pretty much sucks!! Bakersfield is ok in the fall and spring but summer is horrible!! it's like 2 hrs from my house! 800ft elevation. also california speedway, but it's like 1200ft so it's roughly 2-3mph slower than c/bad, but traction tends to be better! your best bet for a low et is slicks and carlsbad! c/bad is like 200ft elevation!
I heard vortech has been working on a track for all most a decade now so i don't think that is going to happen! the city counsel pricks keep blocking it!!! It would be nice as it's allways cool and probably like 50ft elevation. It would surely help all the street racing in the area too!! but politicians don't see that!
Leon

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I feel your pain. LACR is a 45min drive for me and I haven't ventured to Carlsbad yet. I think my best bet is going to be to go to Speedworld the next time I check on my house in Phoenix. LACR is close enough to satisfy the itch but the track officials are starting to wear on my nerves.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by randy
hmmn...the track guys have always been really cool to me...

Last time I went: The tech guys were rambling on how I need a fire suit, rollcage etc. Heck I'm not that fast. Then they later accused me of making a run w/o my helmet (I took it off when I p/u my time slip). I got bumped out of trophy even though I beat the guy (got the light on the board as well), didn't red light and he jumped his bracket. And our fovorite lightning got the Bye once again.

Am I a little upset, of course. I'm competative and enjoy a fair forum. Last time out though, just left a sour tase in my mouth. Can't really fight the only game in town though.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Randy, I'm over in the San Fernando Valley. I am about 50-60mins from LACR, and I agree, its not that great. Of course people are going to be street racing all over, why have to drive 1 hour + when you can just cruise to somewhere local and get it on on some empty street?

I heard they wanted to put one in Sylmar somewhere, something about a LAPD Sargeant or something in charge of street racing was trying to petition for one. This was in the paper like 3 or 4 years ago.. nothin.

I think Ventura would be a great place for one, while Borla is at it, they outta get Vortech/Paxton to help them out. What better place to showcase their products? :p

randy

Established Member
I for one, hate the idea of:
1)losing my car because i was racing
2)killing someone who unwittingly gets in the way(noone drinks or gets stoned at these races do they?)
3)going to jail
I will continue to drive the 100 miles to LACR because I like the idea of having an ambulance and fire safety crew on hand to keep me alive. It would be THAT much nicer to have something a little bit closer and it would help stop the problems associated with street racing.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Here's an idea for you guys. If you get busted street racing, and the charge sticks, sue the local officials, city, and county for voting down the legal venue to run in. Hitting politicians in the pocketbook is the ONLY way to make them see the light :)

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
First accident was up at Sylmar. Just missed getting t-boned after busting a u-turn and the end. Some Civic was trailing. Had to tow the car back home. Cops busting balls up in Sylmar lately, even if you're just hanging out at Denny's. Three weeks ago there was a fight that ended up with one guy trying to run another guy over with his car.

randy

Established Member
Time before last at LACR, someone rearended a car in the staging lanes. There were no fights, and the guy who got hit said it got resolved. Everyone at the tracks has always been nice and i enjoy the environment..Even if they misquote me here..

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by randy
Time before last at LACR, someone rearended a car in the staging lanes. There were no fights, and the guy who got hit said it got resolved. Everyone at the tracks has always been nice and i enjoy the environment..Even if they misquote me here..

That was pretty nasty looking. But it wasn't like that "R" wing was going to help that GT go any faster anyway.:lol:

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Randy,

How about posting your best actual time from LACR. After missing 4 weeks I finally got my reburned chip back and I need something to shoot for.:)

randy

Established Member
best uncorrected is 12.4 @ 118....if i could only get some traction...i know you feel my pain!!BTW..i have not been able to powershift, as the car completely spins on 1-2..that run was granny shifted...still spun

Last edited:

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Randy,

Thanks,

My best so far is a 2.25/12.82/112.3 at LACR. That was with fouled plugs, detonation, and lots of belt slip. With the corrected tune, shorter belt and new plugs I would think a 12.6 is reasonable with no improvement in 60 ft times. Unless traction goes in the wrong direction with the better tune. ;-) Need to learn how to rip those 60' time soon.

Fiveohdean

Established Member
2.8/JPL cold air/superchip/OR h-pipe/mac cat back/nittos and lots of wheel hop. Wanted to test run my car around the block with the new chip tonight but its raining here in Palmdale. Suppose to rain here tomorrow as well. Might not make it LACR until next week.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
I have been waiting for the rain. Wanna race?

:lol:

I'd race you but the car is going on the lift in about an hour. The rain is needed but sucks. I had the ease it into gear just to get moving. I was breaking loose in every gear "trying to get to work this morning. Kind of makes me wish I drove the truck, oh well it can't rain forever.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
About now, I have decided that you'd race just about anybody, anytime. Your user name should be "RaceFace".

Aw come on now J/K. You ought to know me by now, I keep it on the track. In about another 30 min I'll start an (cough) extended lunch (cough). Then you chan call me Grease Face. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread