Raced supercharged Eclipse, 16 lbs. boost, and won!

4WD-Open

Banned
E. Green Cobra said:
:nonono: it only shows that most enthusiasts prefer care to explain why you feel the need to educate us? :loser:

Because a lot of you are ignorant to most cars and forced induction in general. Other than mustangs and even that's questionable.

4WD-Open

Banned
Mach0ne351 said:
no shit! im just sayin you can put $2500 into an 03 and say bye bye to all mitsubishi TVs...i mean cars.....sorry....

And what im saying is you make a lot of baseless whimsical statements that are laughable at best. Now you're dreaming up mods for cars you don't own. I guess im missing your point. I know you love your little cobra with its body kit and giant wing on the back. However the facts are a awd dsm with 2-3 thousand in mods will come around you so hard you'll have to attach an oxygen mask to the motor to keep it running.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
bla bla bla bla....all i know is ive SMOKED plenty of turbocharged TV's on the road :) walked them hard!

99Cobra#2468 NICE KILL BABY!

-marek

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Why would anyone expect a forum full of Cobra owners to sit here and be in awe of a eclipse because it can go fast for little money. If we wanted to go fast and drive an ugly car we would go buy a Mustang II for next to nothing and drop a v8 in it. And I will never be a fan of a four cylinder, even it it can run 9's for $20. I would rather spend $3000 and run 12's in a v8 Mustang. I do not like japanese imports and never will. American v8:rockon:

Mach0ne351

Established Member
AMEN!!

F U C K imports.....

ill only go with BMW, Porsche and the other european rides.....F U C K jap crap 4 bangers....let me ask you this? bet you a jap import will crush like a tin can in an accident compared to a mustang.....just recently (1week ago), my buddy go cut off in his 04 cobra, got clipped in the front, swearved off the road, DOWN A CLIFF! him and his g/f went down 40ft, FLIPPED 5 times, car was totalled, he only had 17 stitches in his nose, and she had a sprained ankle. they walked away fine. that wouldnt happen in a POS jap import. im sorry. it wouldnt. small cars, built for small people.

marek

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Last year I went through a wooden plank fence at 60 mph in my black 98 and my girlfriend and I walked away without a scratch. I took out 3 posts and numerous boards. Didn't bust a single window but every panel on the car was beat all to hell. I don't think that it had anything to do with the car though.

4WD-Open

Banned
Black98COBRA said:
Why would anyone expect a forum full of Cobra owners to sit here and be in awe of a eclipse because it can go fast for little money. If we wanted to go fast and drive an ugly car we would go buy a Mustang II for next to nothing and drop a v8 in it. And I will never be a fan of a four cylinder, even it it can run 9's for $20. I would rather spend $3000 and run 12's in a v8 Mustang. I do not like japanese imports and never will. American v8:rockon:

Why would anyone expect a forum full of Cobra owners to sit here and be in awe of a eclipse because it can go fast for little money.

The better question is why would I expect any comments on the Internet to be rational and mature and not flame bate...shame on me. If people don't want rebuttals to laughable comments made by the clueless, should not be made. For example comments like all of (insert car type here) are slow and a joke. I think most of us who don't wear mustang blinders have figured out who the *joke is.

If we wanted to go fast and drive an ugly car we would go buy a Mustang II

Looks are subjective. Some might think a yellow sn95 with chrome wheels is ugly, i dont but i think you get my point.

And I will never be a fan of a four cylinder, even it it can run 9's for $20.

I am, Im a fan of anything that can double and triple its stock power numbers without opening the motor. Cylinder count is meaningless to me however some of us are a little more one demesnial than in am.

I would rather spend $3000 and run 12's in a v8 Mustang.:

Id rather have a fast car, brand type cylinder count and build location are irrelevant values.

I do not like japanese imports and never will. American v8:rockon

Most domestic drivers dont

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I know that all dsm's are not slow. I didn't make that comment. But I don't really care. They do nothing for me. If you like them, that's fine. But you can't expect to come here and impress people by talking about them and how fast they can be for cheap. I'm not being a jackass, I'm being realistic.

And no one should buy anything based on what other people like or dislike. I didn't buy my car because you or anyone else approved, I bought it because I like it. Too many people care too much about what everyone else thinks.

Let the nay sayers go out and get spanked by a dsm. Experience is the best teacher.

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
MachOne 351: thanks for the encouragement and praise. I love the Mustang and the Cobras. My wife and I own two and rive them all year long, Blizzaks and all!. Like you said, I hate all of hype with these Japanese / European sports cars. Sure, don't get me wrong, I love the look of a Porsche, but there is something about driving that Cobra hand-built V-8, that classic muscle that sounds like a freight traisn on roids! I love my American Pony Car and will go the distance with any of the other challengers. I may not win all the time, but you will know I am there. All I know is I won this one against a high powered Japo, so that is +1 confirmed kill for the Ford SVT Cobra team!

killrSVT

Established Member
AWD-Open,

Is this Pharmecis from 2Gstratus.org? I have heard/read of the builds, and what his friends 1st Gen. can do at 18psi.. That thing is not to be taken lightly..

Give the man some respect.. He is a car enthusiast just like us.. It is starting to sound like the members on the "goat" forums..

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
killrSVT said:
AWD-Open,

Is this Pharmecis from 2Gstratus.org? I have heard/read of the builds, and what his friends 1st Gen. can do at 18psi.. That thing is not to be taken lightly..

Give the man some respect.. He is a car enthusiast just like us.. It is starting to sound like the members on the "goat" forums..

respect is earned- how do you like being told you're "clueless" by someone who obviously knows so much more about every type of car that he "feels" the need to educate us brandloyal, mustang blinder wearing, blue bleeding school girls? (Its a chic car isn't?)...or how about being clueless about cars and FI, because you know :bowdown: FI is Gods Gift and all, NA sucks afterall, and Ford doesn't know how to build FI cars(sure it wasn't specifically mentioned but its implied) :nonono: all of this and not my friend in roadside or smackdown or roadkill but right there in 99/01 cobra land- so what about respect? aren't we all car enthusiasts? sure- do we need to hear that x vehicle with X amount of money will "come around us so fast..." I don't, I already know the reality that you'll never have the fastest car on the road- and I am secure in the knowledge that I dont need to either. but thats just me I guess :nono:

Last edited:

ian022

Established Member
OK, this is a mustang forum. yes I like all types of cars but this is SVTP so if you want to bash fords please go somewhere else. Not that I really care what anyone else thinks ,I just don't want to read about it here.
If cobra's came from the factory with a turbo then no one would even mention an eclipse, evo, or whatever.
Ok, now I'm getting into the "what ifs" but I have my flamesuit on.
any car can be made fast if you have the $$$; some cost less to go fast. Big Deal.
Ian

4WD-Open

Banned
WOW,

Some of you guys have some issues with reading and comprehension. Please go back to page one and read my comments in their entirety. I am not trying to blow dsm sunshine up your ass. I have owned both a very very fast DSM before that a head swapped and procharged 98 GT and now I own a 2001 cobra. I don't apologize if you guys fail to accept reality. I have posted the good and bad points of DSM's in my initial posts. Never once have I praised or based either car. If i have, please point out my comment and post it.

The facts are what they are, 3-4 grand in a 1'st gen awd dsm is a solid 11 second car that will trap in the low 120's. My dsm trapped 123 mph but my problem is im a 12 second driver:) quoting what dsms are capable of is not a slap in the face against cobra owners, its simply stating facts. Again when comments like ALL dsm are slow and are a joke I feel propelled to post. Just as you would if someone posted that ALL 99-01 cobras are slow rustpiles. If facts are offensive to the general populous of this board i do apologize.

my old dsm:
376good_shot550.JPG

376motor_big350.JPG

376guage_cluster-med.jpg

My current cobra sorry for the size:

http://www.turboforum.net/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=1591&sid=464ba1b2528c54cf22b3382223a2d6ff

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
ian022 said:
OK, this is a mustang forum. yes I like all types of cars but this is SVTP so if you want to bash fords please go somewhere else. Not that I really care what anyone else thinks ,I just don't want to read about it here.
If cobra's came from the factory with a turbo then no one would even mention an eclipse, evo, or whatever.
Ok, now I'm getting into the "what ifs" but I have my flamesuit on.
any car can be made fast if you have the $$$; some cost less to go fast. Big Deal.
Ian

no one is bashing ford. people are bashing dsm's and he is defending his car. if ignorant comments weren't thrown out by some of the import haters, we wouldn't be here. its them who need to grow up.

btw, 4wd-open, that thing is real clean, looks great.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Yea that is a sick dsm, my friend and i could have got like a 91 or 92 awd talon tsi in that color for about 3 grand with liek 100k miles on it, all stock, and we didn't and I am kinda mad now. Anywho, Whos gonna win the NCAA this year in basketball?

Mach0ne351

Established Member
for $3K-$4K i can have a solid 11's ride :) rebuild bottom-end with myself and few others, and slap on a 200shot of NOS :) 11's bam! ;) sweet DSM btw...

marek

Users who are viewing this thread