Raced SRT-4

Texantony

Established Member
Well, yesterday I was reading about all these srt-4s and today I just ran one. These things seem to be everywhere. Is there an srt-4 in the dfw area that can come beat me please? :poke:

machone

NA power
Established Member
Look out for tonys taurus...No....really, im serious. Stock/near stock srt4 not bother. You really think theyre everywhere? They are pretty popular but why not i like em. If you were around my area id run you...until 20 mph.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Texantony said:
Well, yesterday I was reading about all these srt-4s and today I just ran one. These things seem to be everywhere. Is there an srt-4 in the dfw area that can come beat me please? :poke:

I know your car. You were in the vid with the SHO Speed Project (turbo Gen 1 for those that don't know). Were you the only one who beat him? I can't remember.

SLO_NEON

Uncle Ben's Rice
Established Member
just for the record, I wouldn't brag about beating Neon's too loudly... hehehe....

I'm joking...

Last edited:

tedstriker

Established Member
Right on!! I highly modified 1992 taurus beat a stock 04 neon. you're the king. makes all that money on mods worth while. let us know when you race a cobalt.

FirefighterSRT4

GM Stage2 Cobalt SS
Established Member
Why would an SRT-4 want to race a a Taurus SLO?

You're talking a low 14sec. car versus a low 15 sec. car for the Taurus SLOmobile.

Oh ... you say you're modified? :nono:

Well, someone could modify a go-cart and run a 10 sec. 1/4 mile.

So what's your point then with your modified SLOcart? :shrug:

phillysrt4

Established Member
thats the downside to the srt. when i first got it I was the only one i saw for months. now, in the summer before the end of its run, i know of a gas station where three peole that work there own one, and seeing another one is almost a daily occurence.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
FirefighterSRT4 said:

You're talking a low 14sec. car versus a low 15 sec. car for the Taurus SLOmobile.

Hey Kettle, there's a call for you on line one, it's the Pot :p

That's the same lame argument that gets thrown out when people start arguing SRT-4's vs. Cobras, or R/T's vs. Lightnings, or any vehicle that's slower stock than another vehicle.

Run what ya brung, no excuses! :thumbsup:

phillysrt4

Established Member
SLO_NEON said:
you ran one... way to go...

no offense, but you need to work on your story writing skills :poke: :pepper:

damnit yet another f***in neon thread
^^^ fixed

you're getting sloppy ;)

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
i've got a buddy that just bought one and its like, orange blast i think he told me. the next week or so, i saw a "orange blast" srt-4 neon and i thought it was him, but to my amazment, it was another guy that lives in the same town as we do. so 2 srt-4 orange blast neons rolling around to kill :)

Texantony

Established Member
FirefighterSRT4 said:

I think he should be honored that I wasted my gas on him :lol: . Hey, you guys brag about beating a cobra. And when a taurus beats a neon you get bent out of shape. Bring me a neon that will beat me and I'll change my story.
bad360rt is correct "run what ya brung" :beer:

Guys don't get me wrong, I still think neons are cute little cars :poke:

shomurph

Established Member
FirefighterSRT4 said:

Geezzz you think you get no respect making a Neon fast.....just think the respect we get in a fast Taurus. :-D

machone

NA power
Established Member
FirefighterSRT4 said:

Why would a mach1 wanna race an srt4? I see all these srt4/mach1 threads and your a high 13, low 14 second car for a srt4slo. Oh so your modded? Well, someone could modify a go-cart and run a 10 sec. 1/4 mile. So what's your point then with your modified neon? :shrug:

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
Yeah, and I have no idea why I put a blower on my Mach. Now I cant race anyone, cause it doesnt matter what I run when I modified the car... ;-)

Also, I wonder if that SHO ran a real SRT-4 or one of those Neon SXT's with the SRT-4 design body kit. They look unbelievably similar with the exception of having no I/C up front. I didnt believe it until I saw one myself. I hate em! :bash:

Last edited:

ASSASSIN

03 "DSG" Cobra
Established Member
Texantony said:
I think he should be honored that I wasted my gas on him :lol: . Hey, you guys brag about beating a cobra. And when a taurus beats a neon you get bent out of shape. Bring me a neon that will beat me and I'll change my story.
bad360rt is correct "run what ya brung" :beer:

Guys don't get me wrong, I still think neons are cute little cars :poke:

Texantony,

I will tell my brother to race you he has an 05 SRT-4 and I think he will do more then well against your Taurus. We live here in the DFW area if you want to set something up for fun let me know. Either way win or lose you will not be dissapointed :-D And I think you will change your story the next time you post but hey remember its all in good fun win lose or draw :rolling:

By the way what are your mods and what do you think you run in the 1/4 mile? My brothers car runs mid 13 to low 13's in the 1/4 with simple boltons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread