Raced Gt Vs Neon, Cobra VS Grand National

moparornocar2

Established Member
Well they are having a car show here today and tomorrow, About 250 cars. So there are alot of people out cruising, I was driving the 00 GT vert and some kid in a black neon pulls up a revs Says want to run I say how many cars do you want? He said, I don't need any I have 220hp to the wheels! So the next light, I pretty much walk by about four cars until I let off at 70.

The best race for me was, Driving Mattmotos Cobra! A guy ask Matt if he wants to take a ride in his alcohol injected grand national? So I tell Matt that I would follow, He kinda gave me a look that as his father could tell what he was thinking. As we get to the edge of town, I pull up beside them at about 40, and tap the gas, I then hear that turbo of his spool and scream! Im telling my passenger that I will see if we can keep up as this GN runs 11.7s all day. When I get right to his rear bumper he nails it! So I drop down to second at about 35, then third and move right next to them (I was shifting slow as hell to be sure NOT to screw up the car as I never get to drive it)By now we are reaching 100mph and about two cars, I then hit fourth and start really pulling away! I look down and when I let off, We are about 125+ and four cars ahead. We slow down to about 30 when he gets next to me he hits it again (all the while Matt is riding shotgun watching me race his car against them!) I did not let him get that much of a jump and pulled right to him instantly, then as I go through the gears I want to make Matt proud so I run it a little harder and get about 3 cars up before 110. I know I need a little more seat time before I grab gears in it like Matt , But damn that was a good time, All my cars are autos so it was taking alot more consentration. Afterwards on the way home Matt said it was a blast watching from the other car and he was happy I won!

ILLBITE

1 Bad GT
Established Member
What mods did the cobra have in order to beat the GN? Those GN's are tough to beat when modded! I have never won against one yet out of the 3 opportunities I raced a Turbo Buick. I am running 12.4 at 111 at the strip by the way while the modded Turbo Buicks are either in the 10's or 11's with minor mods!

Users who are viewing this thread