Raced an SRT8 Jeep yesterday....

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
and got my ass handed to me...and no i didn't race for a dig, we raced from a 25 roll(so i could still be in first) but unlucky me at that low speed he was able to down shift to first too and he beat me by about 5-6 cars to about 120ish. freaking insane! i thought i would stand a chance from a roll but SH*T! i didn't stand a chance! all he had was CAI and Borla stinger cat-back...thats it! and for once i shifted good and hard and chirped 2nd and 3rd but da*n....guess i really need my gears,pullies,cai,short runner,tune and stickies to make a diff on my end....oh well it was fun though!:banana:......even though i got my ass handed to me on a silver platter lol

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
nothing less than 4:10 in these cars and 4:30's for the win, those srts have 420 so that a 115 more than us stock so I would expect that outcome, maybe not by that many lenghts

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Those things are pretty damn fast. Faster in the 1/4 then our cars stock for stock, kinda scary

Toasty

Established Member
nothing less than 4:10 in these cars and 4:30's for the win, those srts have 420 so that a 115 more than us stock so I would expect that outcome, maybe not by that many lenghts

But they weigh like what, 4000 pounds? 700 pounds is alot to make up with RHWP.

Funny, I went a SRT-4 caliber the other night and I barely was pulling him. 3.73's, alum driveshaft and 04 cobra clutch kit (alum flywheel) and no other mods. I installed a new JLT CAI yesterday and have a KB 1.5 to put on in the next month or so, then his ass is mine. lol.

Last edited:

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
ya those Jeeps are crazy but freaking awsome! i would love to have one! but my friend said(the guy who owns the jeep)he averges about 12.7 mpg and spends about $100 bucks in gas every week. oh and he ran best of 13.12 stone stock(seen his time slip)i forget the mph though...something like 104mph. but ya Jeep FTW...SRT8 that is.....just gimmi a 03 cobra with basic bolt-ons and pullie and see who pulls who ;) lol

GR40Snake

Chief Financial Officer
Established Member
When it first came out the marketing tag line was "0-60 in less than 5 seconds, wet or dry" (the road). Ford claimed SN95 did a 5.9. Damn new cars, their getting so f'n fast.

coolguy10786

Established Member
Ya they are quick. One ran at the track last year and was running 13 flat stock.

69mach03

Established Member
Chuck Riley, a good friend of mine and local drag racer (a member on the boards here too) has a record setting SRT8 Jeep. He forwarded this link to me last week: http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12923

I think he went 12.8x bone stock and his best run to date on nitrous is 11.45 @ 120. The thing 60 fts like a monster. It's nasty. :rockon:

Here's the video:

jlg32281

Established Member
Yeah, don't mess with those things unless you have a serious power adder. And don't ever race from a dig, that AWD thing isn't even fare off of the line. My last vehicle was a 94 Toyota Landcruiser, and there is a guy in florida that built his and put a massive turbo on it pushing 1500hp. The truck weighs 6500lbs, but it was still fast as hell. With 1500hp, he could barely spin the tires because w/ that much weight and AWD, it just launched. He has some vids of him blowing a modded WS6 Trans Am and a Z06. I'll try to find them and link them for those that are interested in seeing a beast SUV that can fly.

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
damn so i can't beat it w/o a poweradder basically? Will my future mods(in sig) help me out at all while N/A? (and i mean from a roll!!! lol)

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
get those 373's out. 410's or 430's are a must. Also, 2nd gear around 4k is where you want to roll race from. Starting from 1st is pointless unless its from a dig because that means more shifting when a roll race should be about power, not driving mod, espesially against an auto. Not to start a 410 vs 430 thread but if your looking for a steep gear that you can cruise at 80mph on the highway at a descent rpm then get 410's. If you shift where the power band peaks (5900-6400rpms, not simply just red lining every gear) then you'll be well into 4th through the 1/4 with 410's. Well thats with my car anyway, it runs much quicker shifting around 6.3k instead of redlining every gear. Either way that jeep is good for 12.8-12.9 on street tires

Last edited:

Toasty

Established Member
But they weigh like what, 4000 pounds? 700 pounds is alot to make up with RHWP.

it about 4800 pounds(according to him)......fully loaded SRT8

Interesting. A couple of google searches say that the SRT-8 sheds a pile of weight over the regular jeep and quoted 4000 pounds.

The old drag racing adage is that removing 100 pounds was worth a 1/10th off your timeslip on a street car. Also, adding 10hp was worth 1/10th roughly speaking for a street car. SRT-8 must be HUGE power to run 13.1x's bone stock and be almost 5000 pounds....

Users who are viewing this thread