Raced a Saleen Red Flag??

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
Well, I was driving home from getting a new sink...

And I saw a sweet 05+ Black Saleen with red striping....

(I say red flag because I looked it up and it looked like it...)

I was in a turn or go straight lane, he was in the middle lane 1 car ahead of me....and the car in front of me turned, and I heard his car whine a little....sounded GOOOOD.

I caught back up to him going about 35-40 and no honks, he surprised me and went.

I nailed it about a half car behind and pulled him about 2 cars from about 40-80/85....

I slowed down, rolled my windows down to give a thumbs up, but he never pulled back up...next light he kept going with his windows up...I turned to go home.

QUESTION: Why don't Saleen/Roush owners just buy vettes? That way they can be the asshole owners they should be (no offense to the cool saleen/roush/vette owners on here!!!!)

BTW I was running on my 490ish rwhp safe tune :D :D

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
There's a guy in town with a Roush Stage 3. He's nice as hell. Let me sit in it and start it and everything. Great car.

There's another guy in town with a 427 Roush. I hear he's nice as hell too.

THAITED

Established Member
Depends on who you are running into, I know one guy who own a BOSS302 Saleen, he's cool with me.. Another guy who own a blue Roush was pretty stuck up with me until he saw my car ran..

Last edited:

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
haha they just wish the fancy bodykit package came with another 2 valves in the area that matters.

I do like them though, especially the Rare S-281 cobra's :beer:

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
There is a TR S281 in town. The guy is older and all he could say is "it's supercharged". He has totally beat the car up though. They are gorgeous though!

Yea. Before I bought the cobra, I was seriously considering a Roush stage 3 or a S281SC because I was finding them for a lot cheaper than the Terminators and I figured they have classic potential and are great head turners. A SC saleen vert of the same year seemed to run about 2-3grand less than the cobras with equiv miles, condition, etc...with some outliers ofcourse in my calculations and exceptions with mods. But in the long run I figured I'd get more hp per dollar from the cost of the base cobra and mods would be a lot more friendly. Forged Internals FTMFW! haha

p.s. ur mods are pretty much my exact same "Stage 1" plans, just gotta figure out where I want to get her tuned. I've heard of so many local places that I'm not sure which to go to. Evolution, JLP, Wicked, etc... I'll have to make a road trip one day and check em out individually.

Last edited:

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
don't get me wrong....before I bought my 98, I looked at a 94 S351R speedster.....I loved that car, but couldn't pay 32K for a 9 year old car.

Saleen283

I have an 01 Saleen and have run into a couple of other owners that are pretty snobish. It's just a handful of DBs that give the rest of us a bad name. Out here in OKC it's pretty rare another Stang even gives a wave

THAITED

Established Member
I'm not worry anymore if they give me funny look at my car, I just beat them. Then I see the OMG look on their faces, priceless.

Last edited:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Well, I was driving home from getting a new sink...

And I saw a sweet 05+ Black Saleen with red striping....

(I say red flag because I looked it up and it looked like it...)

I was in a turn or go straight lane, he was in the middle lane 1 car ahead of me....and the car in front of me turned, and I heard his car whine a little....sounded GOOOOD.

I caught back up to him going about 35-40 and no honks, he surprised me and went.

I nailed it about a half car behind and pulled him about 2 cars from about 40-80/85....

I slowed down, rolled my windows down to give a thumbs up, but he never pulled back up...next light he kept going with his windows up...I turned to go home.

QUESTION: Why don't Saleen/Roush owners just buy vettes? That way they can be the asshole owners they should be (no offense to the cool saleen/roush/vette owners on here!!!!)

BTW I was running on my 490ish rwhp safe tune :D :D

LOL, good kill.

Bankai

Established Member
All the roushes I've talked to have been cool, like this 427r owner I met. The only real dick I met is this guy with a Mach 1, complete tool.

SpdPilot

Established Member
Nice kill!

Being a Roush owner, I think I should say something here.

From the Roush owners I have met, many fall for the looks and then later realize they didn't get what they expected in the HP department. After a few street/track encounters. There is no doubt, if they bought it strictly for beating other supercharged Fords, they are going to hate life.

BUT, there is another side to the story. The other crowd of Roush owners already knew (like me) going in that they are not a vehicle you are going to be taking down GT500's or 03-04 Cobra's with.

Roush's are one hell of a vehicle. They are mostly road racing cars. Once you own one, you realize how well built they are. Roush knows what they are doing and it is alot more then just a body kit and some lowering springs. They took Fords flaws and made a whole better car. I look at Roush more as the BMW of Fords. It is all about the engineering.

Put almost any Cobra on a road course against a Roush and I guarantee you it will be a different story. Also, Roush is working towards the power problem with the new TVS. And as for drag racing competitor to the Cobra? The P51 with a forged motor and TVS blower is really the only competition.

There are a lot of disappointed Roush owners which lower the values because Roush markets the cars like they are unbeatable on the street, which is just BS. And until the New Roush owner gets beat on, they think they rule the road.

And NO, I can't defend the prices. I think what I paid for my Roush was high for what I got, but in the end, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Last edited:

cobralove90

Established Member
ive only met one so far and he was really pissed when my little neon beat him, then the following week he brought his buddy with a ss to beat me. but in the end we are all assholes in a way or another

Users who are viewing this thread