raced a modded firebird formula

SnoracerX

Think Snow
Established Member
so im coming home and i catch this formula mid to late 90's, as i come up on his right i see he has borla exhaust. i get closer and he has a monster tach w/ shift light and a roll bar being as my 97 is bone stock i was gonna let him go, BUT then the right foot took control of my brain and i revved on him . we came to a red light both rolled out easy then i heard in get on it. he had about a car on me when i stomped the go pedal i pulled even to his door in first, when i slammed second i pulled even and then we were neck and neck until midway throught third when be both lifted to fast for the street we were on. i wanted to talk to the guy but he just gave me a thumbs up and turned off i returned the the thumbs up and waved

sorry so long but i was impressed with my car

cant wait to get back to the strip and lay down some #'s without the imrc's broken:thumbsup:

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
Good race.

Big difference between mid to late 90's model. One is an Lt-1 (93-97) with 275-305 hp depending on model and the other is an Ls-1 (98-02)which starts at an underrated 305 hp up to 320 for the SS. Other models had up to 345 but they are 2002 models I think.

My car stock with 275 hp ran a 14.1 bone stock, 14.0 with cai, 13.7 with gear and chip. Exhaust would get me about 15 hp if it flowed well. He should have been a high 13 to low 14 sec car with just exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread