Raced a mach 1 last night.

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
I was up at sonic cuz I was looking for a race to see how these new gears are. Well I met this guy David with a n 04 Mach 1 with a spec stg 1 clutch slp lm1 catback and an o/r pipe. I dont know if it was an x or h pipe I didn't look but I could tell by how it sounded (LOOOUD!!!!) but the motor looked stock to me. I actually adjusted his clutch for him because he had zero slack in his clutch cable and he said he was having problems getting it to go into gear. So I fixed it and when he got back for testing it out we headed to our spot and did two races.

First race was from a dig,(naturally) and for some reason when I was doing the honking he rolled forward a half car then I have him the hit on the third honk. shifting into second I had a car on him then into third and I had about three cars on him. I dont know why but I decided to granny shift into 4th but my foot still went like I was shifting fast so it locked me out a 4th. I was shifting at 6100 RPM out of every gear and I launched at 3k which seem perfect for these gears.

Second race was from a roll. He was in first I was in second doing I think about 30mph. I'm not for sure. I gave him the hit again on the third honk and it stayed even this time till the top of third. Shifting into fourth I had a car on him and by the top of fourth I was 1 to 2 cars ahead of him.

I'm very happy with these new gears. My buddy with the SS wants to race me with the gears to see how I do against him because with my stock gears he would only pull a door on me from a roll most of the time, If even that. Usually it came down to who hit the gas first. So I'm pretty confident I'm going to own him. :beer::rockon:

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Nice kills. Other mods?

+1 on the 4valves loving the gear. The Mach had stock 3.55's I take it?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Nice kill man! I've always wanted to know what my car would feel like with 4.30 or 4.56 gears.

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
Is that 1/4 time w/ the 4.30s or w/out?

With stock 3.27 gears :beer:

Nice kills. Other mods?

+1 on the 4valves loving the gear. The Mach had stock 3.55's I take it?

yes he had stock gears, and I have a spec stage 2+ clutch, aluminum flywheel, xcal 3 tune, mgw shifter, rebuilt 3650 with tsb upgrades, php intake spacer, Underdrive water pump and crank pulley, bbk cai, upr o/r x, super 40 catback, bilstein race shocks and struts, hypercoil coil over conversion on the front and h&r race springs in the rear, 4.30 gears, and 315 street tires.

I think thats it as far as things that really matter in a race :beer:

Devil_Z

Established Member
I was up at sonic cuz I was looking for a race to see how these new gears are. Well I met this guy David with a n 04 Mach 1 with a spec stg 1 clutch slp lm1 catback and an o/r pipe. I dont know if it was an x or h pipe I didn't look but I could tell by how it sounded (LOOOUD!!!!) but the motor looked stock to me. I actually adjusted his clutch for him because he had zero slack in his clutch cable and he said he was having problems getting it to go into gear. So I fixed it and when he got back for testing it out we headed to our spot and did two races.

First race was from a dig,(naturally) and for some reason when I was doing the honking he rolled forward a half car then I have him the hit on the third honk. shifting into second I had a car on him then into third and I had about three cars on him. I dont know why but I decided to granny shift into 4th but my foot still went like I was shifting fast so it locked me out a 4th. I was shifting at 6100 RPM out of every gear and I launched at 3k which seem perfect for these gears.

Second race was from a roll. He was in first I was in second doing I think about 30mph. I'm not for sure. I gave him the hit again on the third honk and it stayed even this time till the top of third. Shifting into fourth I had a car on him and by the top of fourth I was 1 to 2 cars ahead of him.

I'm very happy with these new gears. My buddy with the SS wants to race me with the gears to see how I do against him because with my stock gears he would only pull a door on me from a roll most of the time, If even that. Usually it came down to who hit the gas first. So I'm pretty confident I'm going to own him. :beer::rockon:
Good kill.

Yeah I would say it was pretty much stock if it was rocking a SPEC stage 1 clutch. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread