Raced a gtr finally

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
Well I came up to a red light as the first car in the right lane. The gtr was two cars back in the center lane. Light turns green I take off normal and the gtr is on my ass. Once we clear thw other cars he gets over next to me.

We go from a 45 roll. I'm I'm third. He pulls for about 300 feet then I reel him in. Passed him right as I shifter to 4th.

I was very amazed. The gtr had three people in it. He gave the thumbs up as I was astonished I just won. Very happy for the cobra today.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
You reeled in a car that does 0-60 in under 3 seconds and a 1/4 mile in around 11 seconds that was ahead of you by the time you shifted to 4th in a 5-speed car with 400RWHP, all in less than a 1/16th of mile? I'll be the smelly dick and be the first to say it...BS or you are blind and didn't see his brake lights.

Last edited:

SneakyPete

Banned
well, good job OP. can't call B.S. because most people I've encountered here don't believe in anything that doesn't have a blue oval on it winning.

sdg97232

Established Member
:bs:..........sorry gotta do it. The gtr drivers foot slipped of the gas peddle cause he was laughing so hard that you even tried..........ohhhh still you would have trouble pulling on the r34 ...

Last edited:

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
are you talking bout a r34? cause i dont get what you mean by "older r35"
Pre update r35.

:bs:..........sorry gotta do it. The gtr drivers foot slipped of the gas peddle cause he was laughing so hard that you even tried..........ohhhh still you would have trouble pulling on the r34 ...

possible, but he gave me the thumbs up an said he was impressed.

A modded r34 sure, stock would get dusted.

did he know you were racing?
Sadly I think that's a yes.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
He indeed let off the gas. There's no way the GTR puts a football field on you then you magically reel him back in.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Any R35 even hauling a boat would destroy your cobra....

If this was a "race" it was over and he'd let off and you did a domestic fly-by...

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
I assume you at least had the courtesy to turn on your hazards after passing him, no?

no there is no point to do that.

If this was a "race" it was over and he'd let off and you did a domestic fly-by...

Possible, but by the sound he was still in it. Granted it was kinda hard to hear his car over mine.

No fly by here. Win is a win. Hopefully I see him tomorrow so I can talk to him.

95SC

Banned

you either swing on a GTR balls or you don't know shit about cars.

Average bolt-on Eaton swapped Cobra is a 430-470 rwhp car ,properly driven it will trap high teen's at the track. Stock 09-11 GTR is a 117-119mph car, put 3 people in it and Cobra will give it a run for its money from a roll.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
You raced an Altima Coupe with a GTR body kit:

altimagtr6modded.jpg

altimagtrmod-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread