Raced a GTO today..

Chachi3323

03 Redfire GT
Established Member
I don't know what kind it was but i know it wasn't the LS2. It was a newer one with the snouts on the hood and dual exhaust and not tips. Anyways, we were at a light and i can see the car in my perriphs. The car kept inching up and like the person wanted to go. I didn't think we would go and i didnt have my trac. control off. Once the light hit green, we were off. I was suprised i was a car and half to a full car length ahead the whole time. WE got up to 70-80 and we slowed down. But when we did, i looked over and saw it was a 40+ year old woman driving a stick. She laughed and went her marry way but it was fun. I didn't think i would stay with the car let alone be that far ahead. Good kill today i think.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Hood scoops and dual exhaust exiting on either side is an 05/06 LS2... unless someone swapped them onto an 04. Sounds like she had a little fun at least. :coolman:

Last edited:

Chachi3323

03 Redfire GT
Established Member
Would you be proud if you dragged One of John Force's daughter and beat her? I sure hell would be proud. A win is a win no matter who is behind the wheel. You never know. Could be chicks out there who are way better at driving a stick then guys.

Deuuuce

Established Member
If you got the jump then the GTO wouldn't be in the game until the 1/8th mile mark anyway - over 80mph. You won that one but I'd like to see how close it would be in the full 1/4 or from a roll.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
goat-ee said:
I don't know how proud I would be of beating an older woman in stick goat?!?!? But hey, take em if you can get em!!

Sometimes you don't beat cars you beat the drivers. Both are worth being happy about.

Chachi3323

03 Redfire GT
Established Member
No matter who is driving, a male or female, a kill is a kill. If you only have one shot and someone messes up, that is their fault. Not yours.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
nice kill. SOunds like it was an LS2. It def. sounds possible since you have full boltons and the driver mod may have been missing. I would just watch it. There are some women who can really drive. Far and few between but, they exist.

JasonSnake

Established Member
been hearin about chics drivin GTO's lately. I came accross a cutie in a yellow ls2 with exhaust but that was it. She actually waved me down in traffic to comment on my Bullitts. She was cute but had a kid in the back seat so we didn't do anything.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
I figure if a 50-60 yr old man in a vette is willing and game to run anyone, why not a 40 yr old woman in a GTO? And there are some women who can drive, like others have said. What would have been worse is if he lost and then found out it was a 40 yr old woman that he lost to. Now that would be a shot to the nuts. Nice run to the OP

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
My friends on LS1.gto and he says that down south lots of chicks drive GTO's. I don't know where he got the geographical info lol.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
I don't know how proud I would be of beating an older woman in stick goat?!?!? But hey, take em if you can get em!!
why not, older women usually know how to handle a stick a little better than the younger ones. ;)

jeffs

Established Member
My wife beat an 05 m6 GTO in my 04 Cobra in a roll from about 30-80mph, wonder what the GTO driver thought. And he picked the race with her and got a half car jump.

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
i picked a race with a 6.0 gto sat. at the track. he was in front of me in the staging lanes when we got up to where the staging guy picks the cars that go next i told him i wanted run the gto. he ran a 13.84 @ 103.23 to my 13.43 @ 104.31.

Users who are viewing this thread