raced a c5 vette tonight... whats wrong with my car?

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
I raced a C-5 from a dig and he took off before me and I flew past him... and I only have exhaust, ported eaton, 2.93 and a dyno that states 492hp, probably inflated, 476 tq....

tv's 03

Established Member
Ls1 cars need signficant modifications to beat a pullied cobra. I have done it and seen it way to many times. Bolt-on ls1's are not even close to a pullied cobra. The guy lied to you. I can show you my cobra and tell you its a exhaust and intake car only. But in fact its pullied, tuned,exhaust and intake. My 3.25 pulley looks completely stock and you can't see the flash tune. Those two mods probably add 35-40 hp though. I raced a guy with a built up ls1 with a cam with around 600 lift and bolt-on's. I pulled it pretty good.

I love telling these guys its just a intake and exhaust car and letting them look it over to verify. I send them to the nearest ford dealership....;)

03cobrawannab87

Established Member
the guy might of had a cam, but if it was anything big you would of heard it. and he could have heads or anything like that. and if he has a gear, it makes a big deal. he could of done a 2-3 shift and thats the cars sweet spot. my buddy has one.

tdo

Established Member
EvanStang said:
I raced a C-5 from a dig and he took off before me and I flew past him... and I only have exhaust, ported eaton, 2.93 and a dyno that states 492hp, probably inflated, 476 tq....

Kinda same here. I pounded a C-5 coupe from a dig, twice. It was probably stock and all I have is a catback. But the Pirellis stuck well and it was never an issue. Even with the top down. :)

Users who are viewing this thread