Raced a 2004 ZO6 with my 03 cobra

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
We went from a 45 mph roll and I told to hit and then I would go. He gets the jump due to him going first, and in 2nd I pull up next to him. Then I hear him hit the rev limiter, so I granny shift into third trying to make it a good race, engine for engine, I don't want driver error to be the limitimg factor. The ZO6 driver is a rookie (really good guy). In 3rd gear I go by him about a half car to a car , then 4th gear I put about a car, two cars on him.
I had a passenger in my car and the ZO6 didn't. This race I had a catted x-pipe, magnaflow catback, denso's, and a amazon cai. I had to take the chip out due to the re-flash.
I was highly impressed with the ZO6, It's a bad mother trucker.

later
john

03cobra76

11 second club
Established Member
that driver must be terrible, there are guys that run high 11's with 04 Zo6's completely stock...but good kill nontheless.

30th T/A

Established Member
i was gonna say that z06 driver must of sucked but going by your 1/4 mph your car has the power to beat a z06's.

thats some awesome et's and mph for the mods you have. a guy i know with a flowmaster catback, bassani x pipe and a cai ran a 12.7@109 with a 1.9 or 1.8 60'

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
117 is more then enugh to take a z06... Most i see trap about 113.. Also do you have a pulley? 12.0@117 is pretty impressive if its the stock pulley:)

02saleen346

Established Member
In all the magazines the viper alway beats the Z06, bone stock and the viper does low 12s. If youve seen a Z06 do 11s he had to have something done!(probably hidden)

Randall

Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobra76
that driver must be terrible, there are guys that run high 11's with 04 Zo6's completely stock...but good kill nontheless.

Most all of the magazine tests are showing the Z06 doing mid twelve’s at around 115-116 MPH, still enough to beat a stock Cobra.....and remember, most car manufacturers give the magazines optimally tuned cars for testing, not what you would necessarily get from the local dealership....

DenniSTi

Established Member
Originally posted by 02saleen346
In all the magazines the viper alway beats the Z06, bone stock and the viper does low 12s. If youve seen a Z06 do 11s he had to have something done!(probably hidden)

Well the first 4 words made your post an invalid one. I think it's safe to say most people agree that most magazine drivers suck and the times posted in them are usually lower than real life capable times in optimum conditions. Yes the new vipers are also capable of 11 seconds timeslips as well.

M-Phibian

Established Member
Ranger on Corvetteforum.com has gone into the 11's bone stock. There was a HUGE thread over there talking about it a while back, but I can't find it. Here's his sig:

Ranger
'02 Z06, Black on black
Bone Stock (zero mods) on original stock tires
Best Run: 11.818 sec @ 117.26 mph at 170' DA, 17,000 miles
Best 60': 1.783 Dynojet #: (SAE) 353 rwhp, 347 rwtq

Originally posted by 02saleen346
Yeah but that doesnt mean a bone stock Z06 can be in the 11s too.

Last edited:

02saleen346

Established Member
Im Postin up on my friends user name here again, but ive got an 03Cobra with the normal mods that everone has. Z06, been there smoooooked that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randall

Established Member
Originally posted by DenniSTi
Well the first 4 words made your post an invalid one. I think it's safe to say most people agree that most magazine drivers suck and the times posted in them are usually lower than real life capable times in optimum conditions. Yes the new vipers are also capable of 11 seconds timeslips as well.

Hmmmm, all magazine tests suck?

Ooooooooo. k.

M-Phibian

Established Member
I've always found that attitude funny as well. If you read the small print in performance tests, the editors admit they lift-shift everytime, so of course the runs are going to be slower than someone that owns and drags their car will be. But they still provide a solid baseline for comparison's sake.

Plus, the E.T. is really a non-denominator of a car's speed anyway. E.T. has WAY too much to do with launch so it's not a accurate indicator of a car's true acceleration ability. If it were, then we could say that Mitsubishi EVO's are as fast as C-5 Corvettes since they run almost the exact same E.T.'s as the C-5's do in the mags. But hopefully everyone knows that's only because of their AWD launch....especially considering the 'C-5 traps 7-8 mph faster...which is really the only thing that matters.

My point here? The Viper ALWAYS has a higher trap speed than the Z06, therefore it IS the faster car stock for stock. Same with the Z06 over the Cobra.

Originally posted by Randall
Hmmmm, all magazine tests suck?

Ooooooooo. k.

Last edited:

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
A stock ZO6 has a 20 mph higher top speed than a stock 03 Cobra, and yes there are stock ZO6's in the 11's.

Brandon619

Established Member
Originally posted by Devil Dog
A stock ZO6 has a 20 mph higher top speed than a stock 03 Cobra, and yes there are stock ZO6's in the 11's.

This is true, never the less good kill.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Devil Dog
A stock ZO6 has a 20 mph higher top speed than a stock 03 Cobra.

Only because the Cobra is electronically limited... Though I have no doubt after 100mph stock vs stock the Z06 would make it to its top speed faster.

Users who are viewing this thread