Race vs. 01 C5 Corvette

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
The security guard always notices me when I pull into the gate at work. I know that he drives a C5 vette, which is why I always give him a good rev before I pull onbase. Today, he goes, "hey man, is that a Cobra?" I replied yes, you can tell by the BIG chrome lettering on my bumper that says COBRA.

Anyway.........he was asking me how fast have I got it up to and if I have ever been up to Annapolis b/c I guess there are a lot of open roads by the way he was talking. Then he says he wants to race me for $500!!!

My ego says "hell yea!" but this dude trying to put that much money on a race, you think he's working an angle or something? B/C I do not know what his mods are (if any)....what you guys think I should do?

dkscobra2003

Flying For A Living
Established Member
How about we both race him up here and Split the money! LOL. :pepper:

He probably has something up his sleeve? They are stock 350 HP/ 375 TQ.

Definitely do it at the TRACK. Good point Sean. (Environmental Aspect)

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Sailing2Smth said:
The security guard always notices me when I pull into the gate at work. I know that he drives a C5 vette, which is why I always give him a good rev before I pull onbase. Today, he goes, "hey man, is that a Cobra?" I replied yes, you can tell by the BIG chrome lettering on my bumper that says COBRA.

Anyway.........he was asking me how fast have I got it up to and if I have ever been up to Annapolis b/c I guess there are a lot of open roads by the way he was talking. Then he says he wants to race me for $500!!!

My ego says "hell yea!" but this dude trying to put that much money on a race, you think he's working an angle or something? B/C I do not know what his mods are (if any)....what you guys think I should do?

If it were me, the following would be required for me to put money down on a race:

1) The race must be done at a drag strip with a tree and "win" and "loss" must be properly defined before the race
2) All modifications must be disclosed; any mods discovered after the fact are grounds for termination of the bet

No way in hell that I'd run a car for money unless I had a pretty decent idea what I was running against and it was done in an environment conducive to safety and producing a clear-cut winner...

But, that's just my $.02 :beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Tell him to meet us at Cecil on the 22nd and he can have all the Cobra he wants......WOuld definitely not race him on the street for $$$

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
The SOB is probably heavily modded. The funny thing about those cars is you can't really tell if it is or not until you both actually go at it.....

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Tell him to race me first! :lol: Where is this Tony? Anacostia, Bolling or Myers?

He's talking about doing it up in Annapolis. I am not familiar with the area, but he's talking like its all straight-a-ways and open.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Sailing2Smth said:
He's talking about doing it up in Annapolis. I am not familiar with the area, but he's talking like its all straight-a-ways and open.

97 & 32 maybe - but they are congested unless late at nite!

LIke everyone says - have him come to Cecil on the 22nd - right into the snake pit... :burn:

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
On the track a must , Don't let it be a setup for a street bust ....
O and how many people ask to race if they don't have somthing done ..
Motor bored & stroked , cams, nitrous .
If you really want to find out watch him leave in it one night . if he takes it out of the garage because of the slicks .
Now go tear hin a new A$$ H^%$

Users who are viewing this thread