Race tune???

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
I am getting my truck dyno tuned tomarrow, and was talking with my tuner and he said we could do it 2 different ways... First being drain all the 93 out and put 110 in and tune pretty aggressive for the race tune,to get every possible HP/TQ out of it. Or,.... tune for the race tune on 93 octane but set it up for 110 octane, which would not be as aggressive as the full 110 tune, and would probably lose a bit of HP/TQ????

Keep in mind I have a built block,

And also every time i would wanna use the race tune, i would have to drain the tank and put 110 in!!!

I guess i will most likely just see if it puts down the #'s i'm expecting or not on the race tune!!

Thanks.. Any input would be helpful!!

Kenny ;-)

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
110?! Jeez that's some serious juice there. There is a post on here or nloc about jumping the fuel pump relay and putting a hose from the schrader valve on the fuel rain into a container to remove fuel. Or you could use a drill powered pump, either way you have to decide about the gas thing. If you are getting it dynotuned, to me it would make more sense to use the 110 to tune with then back the tune down for 93 than to do it the other way around. Good luck on the dyno, let us know what she puts down.

Users who are viewing this thread