Race Star Question

Polodinks

Established Member
hey guys i recently got a 2012 boss 302 and love it and really want a race star set upon my car...

my real question is will the 17" race stars out front clear the factory brembos with no problems?

and the rears running 15's seen some set ups and they look amazing....

anything i should know or look forward to problem wise or fitment wise with the boss 302 let me know guys im ready to buy in a few days thanks

hitmix300

Established Member
Ur gunna like those track wheels. I had to move my sway bar mounting on my 13GT. That was to clear the 15x10 wheels In the rear. I don't know the answer to the brembo clearance.. Would like to know tho

Polodinks

Established Member
Ur gunna like those track wheels. I had to move my sway bar mounting on my 13GT. That was to clear the 15x10 wheels In the rear. I don't know the answer to the brembo clearance.. Would like to know tho

i did a little research and it seems that they will clear the brembos now my next question is going with the 15x8's or 15x10's in the rear besides swaybar relocation bracket any other mods needed or any rubbing issues....

and am i really gonna need the extra 2 inches on the back?

hitmix300

Established Member
i did a little research and it seems that they will clear the brembos now my next question is going with the 15x8's or 15x10's in the rear besides swaybar relocation bracket any other mods needed or any rubbing issues....

That's good news I might get those Brembos..

My two cents would say that you'll want the extra 2 inches... Giggity. No but really, if you start making more power, you'll be glad you went big. They clear, mine do!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
the brembos will clear just fine. for the 15x10 rears you will need the sway bar relo brackets and that's it. i really like the 10 inch wheels and the relo brackets are really easy to install.

coyote302

Established Member

Another option is to go with17x9.5 with m/t 295-45-17....i have this set up with 17x4.5 with little hoosier and love it....

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
unilugs are pretty much gone

on the rear the 15x10 you need the sway bar relocation. the 15x8 or 17x9.5 you don't need them

we are running a huge sale on the race stars right now

bfracestar.jpg

NTXRockr

Established Member
15x10 just gives you the option to run a wider tire option. You can fit a 275/60-15 on a 15x8 but it pushes the sidewall out a little bit compared to a straight sidewall on the 15x10. And you can fit a 13.5" tire on the 10 but only a 11 or so on the 8 iirc...

Point is, if you need a wider tire or more rubber down for traction, go with a 10. If it's only for the occasional track day or you're under 500whp you can probably get away with a 8.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Users who are viewing this thread