Race Ramps?

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Has anyone used or own a set of Race Ramps? I'm looking at buying the 72" 2 Stage 2 Piece Ramps. My car is lowered on Eibach Pro Kit springs. And I'm wondering what kind of clearance I'm looking at for being able to get under the car to work. The deck of the Ramps are 8" high. And my current jack situation sucks. I really don't like jacking up the car and dealing with stands for basic shit.

I'm really thinking these Ramps will be clutch for oil changes and stuff like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barspen

Established Member
I own a set and they are nothing short of awesome. Super light weight and very strong. I have the shorter ramps, so clearance shouldn't be an issue with the 72's, but other may weight in.

I use them for oil changes and suspension maintenance among other things. Just make sure you chock the opposite end of the car so it doesn't roll down the ramps :eek:

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
That's great. Thanks all for the feedback! Are any of you guys lowered? I'm on the app and can't see signatures. I'm not so much worried about being able to get up the Ramps, I'm more curious about how much room you are given to get under the car. I know the Ramps are only 8" high, there is a shorter model that is 10" high I believe but I need the 72's to clear my front chin.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I have the 67" and mine are the 10" version, along with the 10" cribs.
My 2013 car is not lowered and has 275-40-19 Michelins on the front and no lower splitter attached.

6 3/4" floor to splitter.

My Car Floor to Bottom of upper Front Splitter.jpg

1 3/4" Race Ramp to splitter.

My Car Race Ramp to Bottom of upper Front Splitter.jpg

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Unless you have the 13-14 splitter pieces, you should be fine. I had them on my car for a while and they rubbed on the ramp when you make initial contact with the ramp, but it wasn't bad enough to do anything about it. My car is an SVTPP, which is only slightly lower than the standard model.

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
That's a lot of clearance! I managed to find a set locally to me on CL with cribs actually. The seller is claiming 93" total which I find hard to believe because I can't find any ramps that long. I'm going to see if I can get more info but it seems like a pretty decent deal for the Ramps and cribs. If I recall, when I took the measurements from my front spoiler to the floor it was just shy of 5".

50stangpower

Established Member
Mine is lowered with the lower splitter. If i get on the 72" ramps i have to do it with a 2x4 in front. I have a lift so i hardly use them though.

merkyworks

Established Member
I have the 2 piece 72" long 10" versions and as everyone has already stated they amazing, very light weight and easy to use and store. The only downside to Race Ramps is there price haha.

2010 Red&white

Established Member
I have the (2) piece 72" Model and they work great . They hang on the wall for storage and are easy to handle. A bit more $$$ than other options.

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Yea Well I'm absolutely willing to spend the money if they're going to make my life that much easier than having to drive up on wood, get the jack under, use stands etc. my driveway/garage isn't exactly perfect for Jack stands. So I'm thinking the Ramps will be so much easier. Thanks all for the replies. I'm definitely sold on a set.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I'm surprised there aren't a set of cheap Chinese knock-offs out there. Race Ramps are very pricey. I think they would sell a ton more, if they lowered the cost. After all, it's just plastic.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I'm surprised there aren't a set of cheap Chinese knock-offs out there. Race Ramps are very pricey. I think they would sell a ton more, if they lowered the cost. After all, it's just plastic.

I haven't looked at mine real close, but I think they are actually high density foam.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Yea Well I'm absolutely willing to spend the money if they're going to make my life that much easier than having to drive up on wood, get the jack under, use stands etc. my driveway/garage isn't exactly perfect for Jack stands. So I'm thinking the Ramps will be so much easier. Thanks all for the replies. I'm definitely sold on a set.

I like mine too. I have the 2-pc. 67" and the 10" cribs............

017-2_zps5d1b6579.jpg

Shown below is a Race Ramp "Roll-Up" that I use under the rear to get enough axle elevation to slip a floor jack under the car without banging the bottom while lifting the rear up on the cribs.....

011-5_zpsf72bf46c.jpg

^^^^^The 4" Roll-Up shown under the rear tire is nice, but Race Ramp did not offer something similar in a 4" with a stop, so I contacted them (Brute Industries) and asked if they could make me a similar 4" ramp with a stop to use with the Roll-Ups? Here is the engineering drawings of what they custom built for me.........

0015_zps69aa9466.jpg

0026_zps3afafa1e.jpg

^^^There are some instances when 10" height is not needed and a lower simple drive-on 4" will work better.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I found this jack/jack stand is a nice compliment to the Race Ramps when some jacking and/or tire removal is needed at a corner..........

012_zpsbykegsws.jpg

009_zpsfdpupfrs.jpg

When the car is only 10" off the ground at the tire level, it is nice to have a small/compact jack unit that also serves a jack stand purpose if needed.

R

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
wow RobM! Im surprised you dont catch the front chin on those ramps. they look very steep. I still havent decided on what i want yet. id really like ramps and something for the rear to give me extra clearance. that unijack looks awesome for getting the cribs under. im having a hard time finding something that is 10" height that is low enough for my car. again, im not slammed...just Eibach Pro Kit springs. But i do believe i need at LEAST the 72". I cant see any 72" 10" lift ramps.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
wow RobM! Im surprised you dont catch the front chin on those ramps. they look very steep. I still havent decided on what i want yet. id really like ramps and something for the rear to give me extra clearance. that unijack looks awesome for getting the cribs under. im having a hard time finding something that is 10" height that is low enough for my car. again, im not slammed...just Eibach Pro Kit springs. But i do believe i need at LEAST the 72". I cant see any 72" 10" lift ramps.

I have 275 tires on the front, so I am a little taller than the oem 255's. I can get out one of my 67" ramps and take a picture of against the front tire and see what kind of clearance there is. I know it clears, but I don't remember by how much?

I will also measure my splitter to floor clearance. It may be Saturday until I can pull the pictures together, so stand by......

By the way..........Race Ramps also offers a 12" crib, the problem is they do not offer a 12" ramp. There are times when "level at all four corners" is needed, like setting pinion angle, adjusting rear LCA's etc. Having the car at a 2" taller level at the rear does not help in getting these types of adjustments "right". <<This being said, there are times when that 2 extra inches could come in handy, but I am Race Ramp poor, so I will be happy with 10" at all four corners.

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread