race gas?

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
I found a place local that sells 110 race gas in 5 gallon cans. Was wondering if I ran just race gas would it help me or hurt me mods are in sig. I just wanna run some good gas on race night. Im guessing I need a new tune but I know these cars will add and pull timing on there own so just wanted to ask.

4VFTW

Established Member
your max timing is capped in the tune, that can be raised since your running 110...contact your tuner.

Joey8

Established Member
I'm kind of in the same boat OP. I am seeing some knock right now and my tuner said its mainly due to the "winter blends" of gas. It seems like its hard to find good quality 93 octane here in NJ. I am thinking about running a couple oz's of torco to raise the octane and to protect against knock. I'm not looking for anymore timing I just want to eliminate the knock so it won't PULL any timing.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
I found a place local that sells 110 race gas in 5 gallon cans. Was wondering if I ran just race gas would it help me or hurt me mods are in sig. I just wanna run some good gas on race night. Im guessing I need a new tune but I know these cars will add and pull timing on there own so just wanted to ask.

Make sure it is unleaded... I have heard running leaded gas even without the cats is very bad on the sodium filled valves.

Users who are viewing this thread