Race Fuel

Roesch21

Ok, i think i've proven this before but i'm not to sharp in the department of "carsmarts" lol anywho my question is...I own a 2011 shelby gt500 svtpp (Stock) Would there be any harm or benefit from running a race fuel of even an extreme high octane fuel (maybe the same thing?)? There is a gas station near me that offers a "race fuel" that is like 102 octane i believe from one of the pumps. Would this cause any harm to the car or would i even notice anything by using it on track days, it's was around $8 per gallon last i checked, so stoked got my first track day scheduled here in a little over a month and i wanna experience it to the full :dancenana:

bull3441

Established Member
you would be pissing it out the tailpipe unless you're tuned for it.

Van@RevanRacing

Ok, i think i've proven this before but i'm not to sharp in the department of "carsmarts" lol anywho my question is...I own a 2011 shelby gt500 svtpp (Stock) Would there be any harm or benefit from running a race fuel of even an extreme high octane fuel (maybe the same thing?)? There is a gas station near me that offers a "race fuel" that is like 102 octane i believe from one of the pumps. Would this cause any harm to the car or would i even notice anything by using it on track days, it's was around $8 per gallon last i checked, so stoked got my first track day scheduled here in a little over a month and i wanna experience it to the full :dancenana:

If the 102 is unleaded run it. Even though your car has a stock calibration on it the car will respond to additional octane as the car has commanded wide bands (A/F) sensors in the front O2's. You might not feel anything but you're protecting your investment by feeding it some good fuel which also means engine longevity.

Open track events are brutal on these cars and having additional octane protection along with cool air is a good thing.

Van
Revan Racing, Inc. - Performance Parts for Late Model Mustangs
561-445-7702

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
If you can be sure you don't have any other fuel in the tank to lower the octane, you can order a 102 octane tune to take advantage of the higher octane at the track. Tracks around here offer high octane fuel. Check with them. You may be able to get 103 or 104 unleaded at the track.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
wish I had that around me. all I have is a e85 pump 1mile down the road but I don't have the high flow fuel lines and pumps just the 72lb injectors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if I understood your post but why u wish the 102 unleaded over the E85 ? I picked 12whp on the dyno with 110 octane and 68whp with E85 and paid 3.21 $ not 8$ ..all that money you gona piss spending on race gas , save it and get the fuel system and run e85 ..is the best mod i did after my KB 2.2

Van@RevanRacing

I'm not sure if I understood your post but why u wish the 102 unleaded over the E85 ? I picked 12whp on the dyno with 110 octane and 68whp with E85 and paid 3.21 $ not 8$ ..all that money you gona piss spending on race gas , save it and get the fuel system and run e85 ..is the best mod i did after my KB 2.2

Only problem is that there is not a complete return style fuel system available to the market just yet. We had it with Fore Precision and now we are waiting on other options. Yes, E-85 is awesome unfortunately the Hard Anodized Fuel Hats are currently not available but will be soon.

Roesch21

Cool thanks everyone for the responses...I'll look into the e85, but good to know i can run any octane fuel as long as its unleaded.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Basically, we have what the call CAM 2 here which is rated at 110. Only bad thing is that it's leaded. From most experiences, running high octance fuel in basically a stock application gave a sweet smell and nice exhast coloring to the rear pipe. Other than that it was really safe for nittous. Never went any faster with it than 93 octane. Just paid more for it lol

johnjon87

Established Member
you would be pissing it out the tailpipe unless you're tuned for it.
+1

If you can be sure you don't have any other fuel in the tank to lower the octane, you can order a 102 octane tune to take advantage of the higher octane at the track. Tracks around here offer high octane fuel. Check with them. You may be able to get 103 or 104 unleaded at the track.
+1

Only problem is that there is not a complete return style fuel system available to the market just yet. We had it with Fore Precision and now we are waiting on other options. Yes, E-85 is awesome unfortunately the Hard Anodized Fuel Hats are currently not available but will be soon.
ITs killing ME!!!!! The only thing We've been waiting on! Everything else is ready to go but those damn fuel hats!!! :fm: They told Fred a few weeks ago they were done and on the way, then last week he called fore and they told him they werent done yet!! LOL I hate it sooo much!!:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread