Race Fuel Safe

CzchMex

Established Member
Ok so eventually I will be sending my engine off to get rebuilt and my build will start. A pretty extensive build. However before I start taking everything apart I would like to run a tank of race fuel. Before people start claiming it's a waste of money. I'm not concerned about that. I drive my cobra probably 20-40 miles a month. It gets driven on the weekends when I can for 5-10 miles or so.

This is why I want to go with race fuel. I want the purity of the gas to clean my fuel system and my car is burning rich until I build it. So it stinks. Bad. Race fuel smells a lot better. Those are seriously the reasons why.

Can I run race fuel without damaging my components at the moment? There is a place that has around 110 octane not far. C12 I think.

I ask because I've never messed with race fuel.

Thanks

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Ive never run a full tank of it, but I have a built/blown motor on my cobra, and would mix 2-3 gallons of 113 octane with a full tank of 93 octane. It does not take much of that stuff to get that sweet smelling exhaust.

CzchMex

Established Member
That's a plus to know. Didn't know the smell could be from a mix. I'm aware of mixing to increase octane. Thanks for that help. But does anyone know if I can run straight c12/c14?

I am just doing this temporarily until I build for e85

Users who are viewing this thread