Race Deck Flooring??

galaxy

Established Member
Gonna re-do the garage floor this spring and was thinking about Race Deck instead of coating again. I have one main question/concern though...

I really like the looks of the Free Flow tiles, a lot. Much, much better than the standard tiles. But I always, always, always wash the vehicles indoors (FYI...my garage was completely built around the premis of detailing indoors year round). With reguglar tiles, the water would run out like it does now on the floor, and the regular tiles would squeegee up as simple as the flat floor. But with the Free Flow tiles, all that water would obviously go under the tiles. I'm sure a majority of the water would run out, but you wouldn't be able to squeegee, and it seems like that would leave a lot of water just sitting underneath.

Anyone have the Free Flow that could share your thoughts on this one?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Gonna re-do the garage floor this spring and was thinking about Race Deck instead of coating again. I have one main question/concern though...

I really like the looks of the Free Flow tiles, a lot. Much, much better than the standard tiles. But I always, always, always wash the vehicles indoors (FYI...my garage was completely built around the premis of detailing indoors year round). With reguglar tiles, the water would run out like it does now on the floor, and the regular tiles would squeegee up as simple as the flat floor. But with the Free Flow tiles, all that water would obviously go under the tiles. I'm sure a majority of the water would run out, but you wouldn't be able to squeegee, and it seems like that would leave a lot of water just sitting underneath.

Anyone have the Free Flow that could share your thoughts on this one?
Blast it with compressed air?

galaxy

Established Member
I thought of that too...use the leaf blower actually might be easier with some ~1,000 square feet to cover. But what a hassle every time.

RRMBrembo

Established Member
I've been looking into this and I'm not even convinced that the normal tiles would prevent water from seeping between the tiles. I detail as well and wash indoors and I don't want to have to pull up my tiles every 2 weeks to clean under it. I've been leaning towards a nature stone type coating.

Users who are viewing this thread