R3 Restraint with Recaro Seats

TJR12

TJR12
Established Member
Intrested in anyone's perspective that has or is currently using a R3 restraint with the Recaro seats. I intend on doing a fair amount of track driving and am leaning toward the R3 as I don't think I want to go the HANS route, install a roll cage (no way I'm using a harness bar) as I don't want wear a helmet every time I drive - I'm concerned about slamming my head on the roll cage in a street accident when I'm not wearing a helmet and making a bad street accident even worse. Has anyone had experience with the R3 and the Recaro seats? Any other options I'm not thinking of?

Van@RevanRacing

Intrested in anyone's perspective that has or is currently using a R3 restraint with the Recaro seats. I intend on doing a fair amount of track driving and am leaning toward the R3 as I don't think I want to go the HANS route, install a roll cage (no way I'm using a harness bar) as I don't want wear a helmet every time I drive - I'm concerned about slamming my head on the roll cage in a street accident when I'm not wearing a helmet and making a bad street accident even worse. Has anyone had experience with the R3 and the Recaro seats? Any other options I'm not thinking of?

Looks like a good option in conjunction with a CG Lock.

nix5o

Established Member
I have a hans that I use from drag racing. I plan on using it when I go run texas mile too. Why wouldn't you consider a hans? It just sits on your shoulders and it doesn't put pressure on your back like an r3. I've never worn and r3, but it just doesn't look comfortable to me.

Users who are viewing this thread