R1 vs Supra vs gsxr750

crashingSucks

I love watching cars vs bike videos. SEems this summer has been dead with races like these.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK28pmUjnyg&feature=related"]‪R1 Supra‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Do you guys feel automatics are the best at high horsepower applications?

Last edited by a moderator:

trxcobra

Established Member
i couldnt imagine being able to walk away from bikes like that in a car.

blacksrt

Established Member
meh, stock R1...........

I am sure there are plenty of Supra's out there that will make an R1 quickly disappear.

crashingSucks

meh, stock R1...........

I am sure there are plenty of Supra's out there that will make an R1 quickly disappear.

The supra and the r1 were rather dead even for a bit until the cars superior aerodynamics (compared to a bikes) took over and the car pulled.

The problem wiht those 4l80e transmissions are they seem to weigh almost as much as a bike!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
yes. Holds boost on shifts and a well built 4L80 will withstand A LOT of abuse.

You can make a manual hold boost during shifts utilizing most tuning software's NLTS (no lift to shift) function. When the ECU sees clutch pedal engaged it cuts RPM automatically to a set RPM and only releases it when it sees the clutch pedal is disengaged. Thus you just stay foot on the floor and keep the turbo spooled.

Auto's are good for dig racing and drag where you can really get your gearing dialed in, but I feel an A4 will have poor gearing for most roll racing and freeway applications.

crashingSucks

You can make a manual hold boost during shifts utilizing most tuning software's NLTS (no lift to shift) function. When the ECU sees clutch pedal engaged it cuts RPM automatically to a set RPM and only releases it when it sees the clutch pedal is disengaged. Thus you just stay foot on the floor and keep the turbo spooled.

Auto's are good for dig racing and drag where you can really get your gearing dialed in, but I feel an A4 will have poor gearing for most roll racing and freeway applications.

It's hard on a manual to do the no lift shift. but it's true an automatic with only 4 gears doesnt' have gearing on it's side compared to a nice 6 speed. The veyron had it right with its' 7 speed auto.

Users who are viewing this thread