R1 Concepts Drilled/Slotted Rotors?

BlueSS

Saw these rotors on ebay, was wondering if anyone is using them and if they're any good? :shrug:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=220132768151&ssPageName=ADME:B:BODO:MOT:1

r1premiums_small.jpg

Thanks,
Neil

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
Sniffer said:
drilled rotors are prone to cracking. slotted will be a better choice imo.

few of my buddies including myself have the drilled/slotted rotors. no issues what so ever about the rotors cracking:shrug: and they go drag their cars a lot.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
Lethal SVT97 said:
few of my buddies including myself have the drilled/slotted rotors. no issues what so ever about the rotors cracking:shrug: and they go drag their cars a lot.

Just know that those rotors are for looks and that's about it.
If you just do normal street driving and drag racing, chances are you'll never crack a rotor because that doesn't heat them enough to hurt anything. But if you do any spirited driving in the twisties where you are repeatedly having to haul it down from high speeds there is a chance they'll crack.
My Baer front slotted and drilled rotors cracked before I ever hit a road course. Happened after taking a drive on some windy backroads with DOT R-compound roadrace tires.

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
Ive got the r1 concepts on mine.. I also had them on my srt4. Great rotor for the price.. i havent got to use the cobra on a road corse yet, but i road coursed my srt and auto-x, and never hadda problem from the r1 rotors. Same goes with the cobra, u just gotta make sure u break the rotors in with a set of cheap pads, like autozone or sumpin.

Kenny

BlueSS

Kenny04Cobra said:
Ive got the r1 concepts on mine.. I also had them on my srt4. Great rotor for the price.. i havent got to use the cobra on a road corse yet, but i road coursed my srt and auto-x, and never hadda problem from the r1 rotors. Same goes with the cobra, u just gotta make sure u break the rotors in with a set of cheap pads, like autozone or sumpin.

Kenny
Just Got My Hawks In Yesterday, I Take It I Shouldn't Use Them Right Off? :shrug:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Lethal SVT97 said:
It's a little different on a road course.
Jeff

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
KissMySVT said:
Just Got My Hawks In Yesterday, I Take It I Shouldn't Use Them Right Off? :shrug:

NO. use some cheap pads first. There is a coating on the rotors that u gotta eat through, and you dont wanta do that on your hawk pads. The easiest way is to put the cheap pads on, go down a interstate or whatever, go up to 80-90 mph, then "firmly" step on the breaks till you drop till like, 30-40mph. go back up to 80-90 again, then step on the breaks firmly again. do this like, 3-4 times, then drive a lil (5-10 mins) and let them cool. Last step is to check the rotors and see if all the coating is off.

Kenny

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
KissMySVT said:

NO. use some cheap pads first. There is a coating on the rotors that u gotta eat through, and you dont wanta do that on your hawk pads. The easiest way is to put the cheap pads on, go down a interstate or whatever, go up to 80-90 mph, then "firmly" step on the breaks till you drop till like, 30-40mph. go back up to 80-90 again, then step on the breaks firmly again. do this like, 3-4 times, then drive a lil (5-10 mins) and let them cool. Last step is to check the rotors and see if all the coating is off.

Kenny

ViciousJay

Established Member
ive got them had them for over a year... love them as well.... stop great no issues... there factory rotors drilled and slotted... FYI

Users who are viewing this thread