R1, CGT, Veyron on the highway

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
It's amazing when you can have a car with enough power to leave a motorcycle like that... Amazing cars ~~~

turbosaleen

Established Member
not a r-1

that is not a R-1 the instrument cluster is wrong for a R-1 a R-1 has a single large digital speed on the left and a tach and thats it.
it might be a r-6 wich is a world apart from a r-1 for a straight line run like that.

A veyron will not pull a r-1 anything like that

The bugati runs a quarter mile in 10.2 seconds around 137-140 mph depending on wich tests you look at the r-1 in the 10.3-10.5 range around 135-137 mph depending on where you look.
the veyron would slowly pull away but nothing like what you saw there.

most likely that was a 600 cc class bike wich only runs low 120s in the qaurter at that point the veyron would walk away hard

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
turbosaleen said:
that is not a R-1 the instrument cluster is wrong for a R-1 a R-1 has a single large digital speed on the left and a tach and thats it.
it might be a r-6 wich is a world apart from a r-1 for a straight line run like that.

The bugati runs a quarter mile in 10.2 seconds around 137-140 mph depending on wich tests you look at the r-1 in the 10.3-10.5 range around 135-137 mph depending on where you look.

most likely that was a 600 cc class bike wich only runs low 120s in the qaurter at that point the veyron would walk away hard

word. R1 dash looks like this :

http://www.videoaday.net/2006/11/25/yamaha-r1-turbo-dash-cam-ride/

ooonst this:

07r1_blue_7h_eur_07591714.jpg

still fawking fast though.

Last edited:

01strimbullitt

BYAH!
Established Member
still that bike is no slouch! those cars make it look like he's riding his little sisters pee wee 50! bad ass! i love the carrera gt.

turbosaleen

Established Member
heh

Fuxton said:
not that it really matters but sport rider actually got a 9.772 @ 147.79 on an 06 R1.

im talking real world results not what a prefesional rider beating the crap out of the clutch could do :)

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
turbosaleen said:

i disagree...these runs are not from a dig...the bugati has turbo'd torque on demand...no way any n/a bike keeps up from a roll like that.

youlose

Established Member
Actually, that is an R-1, would be an 04 or 05 model. However, I also agree that Bugatti is pulling way harder than it should-WAAAAY harder.

I've had a bunch of bikes, including a few R-1's and it obviously has to be ridden in serious anger by a fairly light rider to extract the maximum from one but I've ran a 955whp 68 camaro that weighs 3300 with driver and it didn't pull me anywhere near that much, and that camaro runs 9.75 at 149! And I weigh 185 lbs.

Mark

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
youlose said:
Actually, that is an R-1, would be an 04 or 05 model. However, I also agree that Bugatti is pulling way harder than it should-WAAAAY harder.

I've had a bunch of bikes, including a few R-1's and it obviously has to be ridden in serious anger by a fairly light rider to extract the maximum from one but I've ran a 955whp 68 camaro that weighs 3300 with driver and it didn't pull me anywhere near that much, and that camaro runs 9.75 at 149! And I weigh 185 lbs.

Mark

gearing... did your 'maro do 255mph?

youlose

Established Member
LOL, that Camaro did about 152 on the limiter! We left from as low as 20 mph to as high as 85 mph, and as you would suspect, the lower the roll speed, the better the bike does. Mind you, I still lost to that car, but not by much, which was impressive to me as the bike was mostly stock, although I must say, I can ride the piss out of a bike! And man, that Camaro is the only car I've ever ridden in on the street that actually made me see Jesus-felt like the front wheels were off the ground at 110mph! Still a stick car too! The car has not been cut or caged and basically is stock style supsenion with everything upgraded. So lets say it has traction issues... I saw it wax a Hayabusa by about 4 cars at the track, and when he let off the, it snapped back violently to the right at 150 mph because it was still a little sideways at the end of the track! I still get the willy's thinking about riding in that car-showed me that there is a limit to what power can actually be used without a full-tilt race car chassis.

Actually after watching that video again and watching where the tach is on the bike, they are doing like 100-150 mph rolls and I would say I stand corrected for not watching it carefully the first time. If you did say, a 40 mph roll or less with the same vehicles the bike would own to about 150 ish and the car would cruise right on by at about that point. But starting at anything over 80-90 mph on a bike against cars like that which are designed to really start accelerating at the 100 mph mark, is basically futile as the bike hits the "wall" at 140-150 mph. The acceleration statistics on the Bugatti are very eye opening at the big end. There is NOTHING shy of a land speed record car that would hang with that thing at 100 and up-freak one off's don't count unless it's your freak one off....

Mark

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
that's nuts, that bike was buried and couldn't keep up with either car when they turned up the wick....just crazy my cobra could take all 3 though because as we know the terminator NEVER loses.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
youlose said:
Actually after watching that video again and watching where the tach is on the bike, they are doing like 100-150 mph rolls and I would say I stand corrected for not watching it carefully the first time. If you did say, a 40 mph roll or less with the same vehicles the bike would own to about 150 ish and the car would cruise right on by at about that point. But starting at anything over 80-90 mph on a bike against cars like that which are designed to really start accelerating at the 100 mph mark, is basically futile as the bike hits the "wall" at 140-150 mph. The acceleration statistics on the Bugatti are very eye opening at the big end. There is NOTHING shy of a land speed record car that would hang with that thing at 100 and up-freak one off's don't count unless it's your freak one off....

Mark

+1

I couldn't tell what speed they were at but I knew they were flying.. Also, who's to say the Bugatti didn't get a head start or do a flyby? There is nothing to call bullshit on here.. Just fast cars in their respective elements.

Bri03GT

I Cant Stop Modding
Established Member
Car was way faster i dont care if there was NOS on that bike the car was leaving him no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread