R&R Brake Calipers and now soft pedal

Steel Horse

Established Member
Hey, I've searched and found a few results but nothing solid.

I pulled a 4 and painted. Let all fluid drain from Master Cyl to get rid of crappy looking fluid. 2 person method of bleeding. I have very soft pedal now. I have also taken to sears and had it pressure blead with some machine that sucks on the bleeder. This had very small gain.

Now I've read about hydro boost and that the hydro boost/master cyl might be the problem. How can I bleed this myself or with a friend? Im afraid of high speed braking and want to fix this. Thanks

nightstalker865

Established Member
OK well you got air in the master. Letting all the fluid drain out of the master is huge no no. We are lucky to have bleeder screws on our masters. Just start there and bleed the entire system again. It may take so driving in between bleeds to get it all out.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
what he means, is to take a piece of hose that you use for brake bleeding (you dont get brake fluid all over the floor, do you?), and attach it to one of the bleeder screws on the master cylinder. run the hose into the master cylinder reservoir. crack the screw open and bleed the master cylinder as if it were a caliper (push pedal, open screw, hold pedal, close screw, release pedal, repeat as necessary). repeat for both bleeder screws on the master cylinder.

To work air out of the abs hcu, find a driveway on an incline that tickles the abs at low speeds and keep turning up it...and bleed the brakes.

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
what he means, is to take a piece of hose that you use for brake bleeding (you dont get brake fluid all over the floor, do you?), and attach it to one of the bleeder screws on the master cylinder. run the hose into the master cylinder reservoir. crack the screw open and bleed the master cylinder as if it were a caliper (push pedal, open screw, hold pedal, close screw, release pedal, repeat as necessary). repeat for both bleeder screws on the master cylinder.

To work air out of the abs hcu, find a driveway on an incline that tickles the abs at low speeds and keep turning up it...and bleed the brakes.
Shelby guy, I was doing a brake job too new pads and rotors and fluid bleed all four corners thought I got all air bubbles but still felt a little spongy. So I saw this thread and tried to bleed the master cylinder and the front bleed had bubbles so I thought great now the second bleeder pump brake and held untighten the screw and nothing repeat no fluid flowing...now brakes feel even more squishy now what? Need help. Do I bleed all four calipers again?

Users who are viewing this thread