Qustions for people that went from 03/04 Cobras to C6 Vettes..

MachitRockit

Super SVT Poster
Established Member

- Ok So as some may know i have my 03 tr cobra for sale, and i plan to buy a 06 C6 Corvette as my next car.

Dont get me wrong i love Cobras! But I like c6's too!

Qustion: if you sold your 03/04 cobra to get a C6 Corvette, ( i know there are some of you out there!)

1. Do You Regret It At All?
2. What are the perks (in your opinion) of the vette over the cobra?

- i know some may consider cobras faster and more rare... but i have plans for the vette cams or supercharger... So thats not on my mind

- Im Also not a almighty Ford or a Chevy Guy.... hell i like em Both. So please dont hate on me for that! :coolman:

Any input would be nice! PM ME if you like.

Thanks, AC

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
You damn chevy lover..lol no the more i see them i kindda like them thats what i was looking at before the cobra

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
my good friend has an 08 with the LS3. if you can swing it, look for a used LS3 for the extra ponies.

the car is SOOO much more refined than the cobra its not even funny. although im told they turn into "chevys" after you start racking up the miles lol. they are comfortable, the power delivery is smoooooth, they handle unbelievably and they feel a lot more stable at speed.

but, no back seat, and dont even think about leaning back. its like sitting in an airplane seat as far as reclining is concerned, lol. sucks as a passenger.

and whatever you do, GET THE Z51 PACKAGE!
do NOT get an auto
get HUD if you can

that is all.

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
Above info is correct, Z51 is a must, HUD is cool if you can afford it, STS rear mount turbo kit and new clutch and you have a car almost as fast and good as a ZO6.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
You can pick up more women in the Cobra because it has a back seat.......WAIT.....

I did have 3 girls with me in my Lightning a couple summers back. That was awesome!!

04cobra13

Established Member
If you do get the c6, get the LS3..imo dont get the Z51 or hud!! Get the lowest in feature model they got because it will be the lightest..I heard the hud weighs something like 100lbs or more!!! My friend gots an LS3 Vette and that thing is awesome! He beat me with just bolt ons and tune when i had my whipple!!! Now its cammed and it beats stock or bolt on Z06's...Good luck!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
If you do get the c6, get the LS3..imo dont get the Z51 or hud!! Get the lowest in feature model they got because it will be the lightest..I heard the hud weighs something like 100lbs or more!!! My friend gots an LS3 Vette and that thing is awesome! He beat me with just bolt ons and tune when i had my whipple!!! Now its cammed and it beats stock or bolt on Z06's...Good luck!

um, the basic package might be a little bit lighter but you get a LOT for your money with the Z51 package. i know its at least better brakes, suspension and gear ratios. tires too i think. in fact the brakes might be the only thing that would make it weigh more and theyre a big upgrade :banana:

the Z51 rides stiffer and has better handling. a standard C6 is MUCH softer and more of a cruiser. do you want the version that the ladies drive or do you want the sports version?! :burnout:

03snakenvtn

Established Member
um, the basic package might be a little bit lighter but you get a LOT for your money with the Z51 package. i know its at least better brakes, suspension and gear ratios. tires too i think. in fact the brakes might be the only thing that would make it weigh more and theyre a big upgrade :banana:

the Z51 rides stiffer and has better handling. a standard C6 is MUCH softer and more of a cruiser. do you want the version that the ladies drive or do you want the sports version?! :burnout:

Here's what a quick search of the z51 package yielded.
"The Z51 Performance Package brings Corvette performance very close to the widely admired previous generation Z06. The Z51 offers more aggressive damper and spring rates, larger stabilizer bars, Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar EMT tires, 245/430ZR18in. front/285/35ZR19in. rear, wrapping 18X8.5in. front/19X19in. rear forged aluminum wheels. You also get enhanced cooling and larger cross-drilled brake rotors, 13.4in. vented rotors up front, and 13in. vented rotors in the rear."
Looks like a worthy upgrade imo.

1Quick4.6

Established Member
I've done it and i'm on my way back to a cobra for a drag strip duty car,but one of the perks are faster with less power. Go with a 1LT Z51 (lower geared tranny car was the main reason i did this) sell ya mine lol

Users who are viewing this thread