Quit my Job.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
and you know what? I feel great.:beer: I gave a two week notice and I think this will be one of the best things I could've done. I'm feeling better about it already. The boss was cool, he even said I could come back if I ever needed to.

Anyone else make a recent career change?:poke:

p.s. I have something lined up so I didn't quit blindly:thumbsup:

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
I've decided to do something completely different than being an Adjuster for Workers' Comp, I'm going to install security equipment and be a Tech for a company.

Anyone do something similar?

jzepp

Established Member
How would you get into something like installing security equipment or installing cable, etc.? I want to get into something like that? What do they pay?

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Not sure what you'd start out at, but there's a lot of small companies out there that need sub contractors to do jobs with. I got on with this company out of coincidence as a friend works with the company.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
I know how you feel. I quit my job in the middle east, i am home (in TX) for a month and i start my new job down in Antarctica late next month..... its nice to sit around the house and do nothing :)

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Antarctica? Wow, what will you do there?

My internship ends in two weeks, then I'm back to being a broke college student!

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Mike K said:
I know how you feel. I quit my job in the middle east, i am home (in TX) for a month and i start my new job down in Antarctica late next month..... its nice to sit around the house and do nothing :)

Dude, you must have seen a lot of badass stuff in your other job. Good luck with your next one!

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Yep I Quit My Job In May. I Didnt Give 2 Weeks Notice Because They Just Let You Go Once You Give Notice. So I Walked Into The Gm's Office At Noon And Said I Quit. The Best Feeling In The Whole World.i Started With An Old New Boss Once I Got Back From Vacation. Its A Whole New Career For Me Also

Fuerza

Established Member
I'm relocating to San Antonio TX in August, my last day at my current job is this Thursday. I'm taking 3 week vacation after my last day. I feel really great about leaving my current job. It is time to move on. :thumbsup:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
That's a good field to get into, it might lead you into the electronics or controls field too. Good luck with it!

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Mike K said:
Raytheon? If so I may be joining you in about a year :beer:

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Job in Antarctica?
Might that be McMurdoe Ice Station?
When I left my job with Raytheon, I was offered a spot there.

I just got back from 3 years in Iraq. I am being a bum for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread