Quit my job today, but no one was there???

bchisom99

Established Member
So, I quit my current job today, but my problem is that everyone left around 2:00 and I stayed until around 5:00 waiting for an approval on a loan, which never came. I'm taking this loan with me to the new place and don't feel like wasting another second at my current job, so my question is WTF DO I DO NOW??

I am starting at the new place on monday, I could give you about 1000 reasons why its a better place for me to be, but everybody left like 3 hours before me today (3 for the bar...yes at 2:00pm) and I have not had the chance to talk to anyone, not even my manager....should I just send an email blast, call everyone monday morning?

also keep in mind that the company is SMAAAALLLLLL, only 6 people, 5 as of Monday and the atmosphere is CAAAAASUAL....., new company is 25-30 people.

In short, I am not wasting another minute there, hence I am starting monday and taking several reffered clients with me, I'm thinking about email everyone LATE Sunday night and calling my manager Sunday afternoon..

and before I get any 1 or 2 week guff, I am/have been basically self employed with them for the past two years, and its a Mortgage shop.. so they is essentially NO harm done by me not being there......again...NONE....

whad'ya think? :shrug:

Thanks...

McFly

Pants!
Established Member
Just go to your new job and when your old job calls you say "I quit last week, didnt you get the memo?"
Then they are like "wtf"
YOU WIN!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
you'll kind of kick yourself in the ass for leaving without saying goodbye.
even if your new job makes you happy, you will go back and wish you had said good bye properly.
its not always a manner of professionalism, its the case of dont burn your bridges and always keep in touch.

that was my experience when i left my job, alot of people didnt know (50). and on the last day the boss shook my hand and wouldnt look at me, probably wanted to cry.
either way new job, more $, YOU WIN

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
Don't burn bridges by not giving notice. You never know, up the road your old boss may gain a position at your new job that could cause you problems or same thing up the road at a new job search.

Labinnac

El Chimpo Grande!
Established Member
My question is why you didn't bother to give them any notice whatsoever? Sounds to me like you've already burned that bridge.

stangkid

Established Member
:nono: Yea man dont burn any bridges you will regret it beleive me you will. :nono:

bchisom99

Established Member
Labinnac said:
My question is why you didn't bother to give them any notice whatsoever? Sounds to me like you've already burned that bridge.

In the mortgage business, when you've got deals in the pipe and you give two weeks notice, your life goes to hell and you don't start at the new job w/out a small "frivalious" lawsuit....thats a looooong story....

and like I said before, Basically being self employeed, yeah some people aren't gonna be happy about me leaving, but I'm not burning ANYONE business wise.....
At a bigger company where there are probably a few people above and below you and you are part of some part of team, then I agree 100% that two weeks is needed, but in my situation, it would just make my life a living hell....

thanks for the advice, I'll be pinning an email tomorrow and calling my boss Sun night

BO TY KLR

Established Member
If you really didn't like working there I say blow that f'n bridge up and don't look back. Most companies have no loyalty why should you. At my job(depending on the position) guys that give a 2 week notice are told we don't need you anymore "goodbye".

bchisom99

Established Member
BO TY KLR said:
If you really didn't like working there I say blow that f'n bridge up and don't look back. Most companies have no loyalty why should you. At my job(depending on the position) guys that give a 2 week notice are told we don't need you anymore "goodbye".

exactly, like I said before, if I gave two weeks I'd find myself in court before the end of the 10 business days, just to waste my time and money before taking off....

cool SN btw...

Users who are viewing this thread