Quit drinking soda, now have headaches.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
I quit drinking Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Pepsi 3 days ago, now I've had a headache for 3 days now, wtf!? Anyone else gone through this?:shrug:

thanks

cobracop

Established Member
Your body is pissed at you for not giving it the caffeine and fake sugar that its used to.

that's sort of true. heavy coffee drinkers that go COLD TURKEY also get brutal headaches. it's the caffiene, wind down slowly off it, you'll be fine!

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Thanks for all the input guys, its been torture! Even told my wife that the only way to get rid of headaches was sex, she did her duty, but didn't work. LOL

Cos

Established Member
YOUR GONNA DIE!

lol

Yeah everyone is right. It is just withdrawl. It may not be the caffine it could be the withdrawl for anything. My two suggestions? Either try and wean yourself off it OR just suffer through the headaches. When I quit smoking it must have been 2 weeks of pain (front of the head) but I took enough advil and it was over with. If you slowly try and go off it you risk coming back on again.

Hodgepodge

Established Member
It's normal and will not last long. I went from 3-4 Cokes a day to 0 as a new year's resolution a few years ago, and the head aches were pretty brutal at first. I tried to chew gum anytime I felt the urge to drink a pop or felt a head ache coming on. Seemed to help quite a bit.

You will be amazed at how much better you feel once you cut soda completely out. I also gave up fast food as my new years resolution last year. Saves a ton of money and makes you feel a lot better about yourself

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Thanks for all the input guys, its been torture! Even told my wife that the only way to get rid of headaches was sex, she did her duty, but didn't work. LOL

Sounds like you got yourself a keeper!:pepper:

:eek:

Yeah, not surprised at all that you have headaches.

The rest of the posts pretty much have it covered. Stick with it.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
caffeine is in the top 5 most addictive substances on the planet right now. you should've weened yourself off, but then again, 6 a day?! holy shit.

95PGTTech

Established Member
A guy I work with drinks half a case of Diet Dr. Pepper a day. Absolutely crazy.

He doesnt drink coffee though. He says it balances out. :dw:

What goes through some people's minds is beyond me. My mother drinks 6-8 cups of coffee throughout the day. If I drink 3 a week it's surprising.

Mind as well take up crack while you're at it.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
caffeine is in the top 5 most addictive substances on the planet right now. you should've weened yourself off, but then again, 6 a day?! holy shit.
exactly 6 a day is nuts, i'd be good with 6 a month.

I drink healthier stuff: water, oj, milk.

Back in the corps I had roommate that would drink an open soda from the night before as soon as he woke up.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I say it's the caffeine.

I quit drinking soda for the most part but I didn't drink that damn many. I was maybe one a day. Now I'm lucky if I have one a week.

Try substituting the caffeine with crack or meth. It should ease the headaches.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
What goes through some people's minds is beyond me. My mother drinks 6-8 cups of coffee throughout the day. If I drink 3 a week it's surprising.

Mind as well take up crack while you're at it.

Yeah, because smoking crack is so similar to drinking soda or coffee.

Let's all stick needles in our arms too while were at it! :rollseyes

Wow 3-6 a day is pretty crazy. I'd hate to see what your teeth look like. Its definitely caffeine withdrawal like everyone's suggested. I got a thing for Rockstar (5-6 a week) and also get headaches if I don't drink one.

Users who are viewing this thread