quietest h.p. exhaust ?

BULL

Established Member
looking for something mello yet high performance.......any sugg. ?

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Catted X with the stock catback. The stock catback is the restriction (and the major reason this car is sleepingly quiet).

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by BULL
but with useing the stock cat back, will i gain the performance blue ??
Everything is a compromise. If you want the quietest, keep the stock catback (it is the restriction). Yes, it will cost you performance. As others have suggested, the stock H with a Borla or Magnaflow catback will not be obnoxious. I run the Flowmaster catback (stock H) and it has a deep musclecar note that is not loud enough to set off car alarms...:-D Some say it cost me torque (because of the chambered mufflers), but I dyno'd the day after I installed it without resetting the computer (and only 1,000 miles). Time will tell...

jrh99

Established Member
I recall someone saying that the FR500 exhaust was fairly quiet. You might want to look into that.

trey193

Established Member
Blue did U pick up power or torque after the Flowmaster Catback install?? U said U dynoed it right???

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by BULL
looking for something mello yet high performance.......any sugg. ?

FR500 catback, expensive but very quiet with a 13~15 rwhp increase on our car.

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
I really like the Borla system. Has a rumble at idle, no drone at cruise, and a healthy sound at WOT. I sell alot of these because of these reasons. We had it on our car and Linn loved the sound. We now have the Borla prototype stinger system on and it's alot louder.

Rick

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
Blue did U pick up power or torque after the Flowmaster Catback install?? U said U dynoed it right???
I don't know. I dyno'd after (with no baseline) and didn't reset the computer. I'll know better with my next dyno.

Elanor03

Established Member
I Have the Bassani x w/o cats and the stock cat back and it sounds good but it does have a more euro sound not a hot rod sound. it is quiet but i am putting plenty of pwer to the ground with other mods so i'm not even worried about the restriction. I have a 6psi pully, chip, cai, and the x pipe and my dyno pulled 470 hp and 470 lbs of torque. so the exhaust is cool.

trey193

Established Member
Elanor03 could I elaborate a little more on your mods, like what and who's pulley who's chip, what was your A/F ratio, also was the 470/470 numbers std or sae??

9900blueoval

Established Member
why would u have to reset the computer after a cat back install and has anyone gone w aflowmaster cat back and off road pipe what should u use 2 chamber or 3 chamber and is it too loud and any power increase felt thanx for any help hey amazon just ordered your cai cant wait to install

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Hi guys, I've got a chance to get a Bassani catback at a good price, and I'm wondering if anyone's got any experience with them. I've had their X pipe on my 5.0, and it was good. I had 2 chamber flows on that too, and found the drone ANNOYING, had the guy cut them out and replace them. I'd like a little more aggressive exhaust, and whatever power comes along with that (I don't need any more power) (well, let's not be hasty...) Is the Bassani ultra loud? I'd like a little more sound, but not too much. Thanks!! Mike

Users who are viewing this thread