Quietest cat back??

Frank Dux

Established Member
I am going through the soundboard but would still love some opinions...
I want to be as quiet as possible but need a free-er flowing cat back for the Cobra...

I wanted to stay all stock but that isnt too smart with the power I am putting down.

Spade

Established Member
I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking about going with the stock mufflers but was concerned it would really choke the car.

I dont mind the car being loud at WOT but cruising or even 2-3k rpms I would like for it to be on the quieter side.

monX

Established Member
a catted mid pipe with magnaflow or flowmaster catback

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
Steeda CB is on sale for $499 at the Steeda website!

Just like the Borla non Stingers for $250 less

D-MANN

Established Member
just ordered the steeda cat back.Good deal on them right now.I have an offroad MRT H pipe with vibrant bottle style resonators welded in.Resonators should take any bark out of the mufflers.Should flow good and be stealthy hehe.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
How about a custom set-up?
102_0615.jpg

102_0616.jpg

This set-up consists of a Magnaflow catted x-pipe, 2 Vibrant performance resonators, a Dynomax x-flow muffler, 2 Ford Racing dual-mode mufflers and an "x" under the rear diff. This has a nice low rumble and tone but with minimal volume. Dynomax has just released there dual-mode muffler. You could use that if you can't locate the Ford Racing versions.

Last edited:

D-MANN

Established Member
That is a cool set up you have.Alot going on there haha.Must be super quiet.I was looking for a dual mode muffler but could not find any with same side offset.I settled for the steeda system.I think I will be happy.If not I may try something like your set up.I would just hate to cut into my MRT H pipe.

Last edited:

divided

Established Member
I had magnaflows and they were awesome. Just enough grunt, but not too much to be annoying or draw unnecessary attention from the fuzz.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Sorry. No good sound clip yet. I had it on a dyno a little while back but it is so quiet, all you hear is the Whipple. I had to remove the x-pipe from the rear of the cats back to fit the resonators and the x-flow muffler takes the place of the "x" assembly. The whole exhaust system uses stainless steel v-band clamps.
[ame=http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp253/RNOVRIT/?action=view&current=DYNOKILLERCHILLER1.flv]
th_DYNOKILLERCHILLER1.jpg
[/ame]

Frank Dux

Established Member
Sounds nice. IMO it is always a good thing when you can hear the blower over the exhaust and that Whipple sounds sweeeet...

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
How about a custom set-up?
102_0615.jpg

102_0616.jpg

This set-up consists of a Magnaflow catted x-pipe, 2 Vibrant performance resonators, a Dynomax x-flow muffler, 2 Ford Racing dual-mode mufflers and an "x" under the rear diff. This has a nice low rumble and tone but with minimal volume. Dynomax has just released there dual-mode muffler. You could use that if you can't locate the Ford Racing versions.

:eek: That exhaust looks like a highway interchange! You have a lot of money invested in that system.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
my car... steeda cat back upr x pipe, it sound stock with the stock h pipe

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ_Z6FVovCI"]YouTube- steeda cat back upr o/r x pipe 04 cobra[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread