(QuickJack) Portable Car Lift

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Bought one of these to lift the cab off the Lightning. Worked great, going to use it again to r&r the clutch in the Cobra this summer. Seems like the Quickjack would be better for minor maintenance stuff since it looks to be a bit easier to set up, but not sure you'd be able to get it high enough to do something like a transmission swap if you're using a dedicated transmission jack.
I think that's probably transmission dependent. The ranger I did, the tranny was like 2" away from clearing on the ramps, I think the jacks would have been high enough to make it work. It would have turned it into a one man job but I couldn't lift the damn transmission under the truck and onto the jack alone lol.

We did a T5 on my buddy's mustang, but we left the bell housing in place so it was easy to take it down without a jack.

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
Just curious, I just ordered the 5000TL, because it seems everyone was out-of-stock with the TLX models. So I was wondering if the TL lines up to jacking points or if the extension is needed? Primarily getting it for my '97, but I'm sure the '12 will see some use too.

I know I could just try it when it gets here, but I was hoping to get the Ext' on order before hand if its something I truly need.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Just curious, I just ordered the 5000TL, because it seems everyone was out-of-stock with the TLX models. So I was wondering if the TL lines up to jacking points or if the extension is needed? Primarily getting it for my '97, but I'm sure the '12 will see some use too.

I know I could just try it when it gets here, but I was hoping to get the Ext' on order before hand if its something I truly need.
5000TL has a 70" FRAME LENGTH

5000TLX has a 76" FRAME LENGTH

Best thing to do is measure your cars frame length and make sure your jacking points fall in between the 5000TL 70" FRAME LENGTH!!!

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
5000TL has a 70" FRAME LENGTH

5000TLX has a 76" FRAME LENGTH

Best thing to do is measure your cars frame length and make sure your jacking points fall in between the 5000TL 70" FRAME LENGTH!!!
Ya, I was just hoping one of the many QJ owners could chime in. IF I were home, I would have gone out and measured both cars, but I’m overseas and flying back today (in airport shuttle headed to airport now). I only have so much time off when I get home and i plan to get a lot done on the ‘97 Cobra this month. So was trying to save some possible downtime from waiting on the QJ extension peice to come in the mail, if it was something I needed.

Thanks though. Next time I can check in on this thread, I’ll be home, and can measure it up and know for sure.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Ya, I was just hoping one of the many QJ owners could chime in. IF I were home, I would have gone out and measured both cars, but I’m overseas and flying back today (in airport shuttle headed to airport now). I only have so much time off when I get home and i plan to get a lot done on the ‘97 Cobra this month. So was trying to save some possible downtime from waiting on the QJ extension peice to come in the mail, if it was something I needed.

Thanks though. Next time I can check in on this thread, I’ll be home, and can measure it up and know for sure.
BTW.......thats a cool avatar........(y)

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

I have the 7000SLX under my 98 right now.

Works perfect.

It also will fit an R53 mini, fiesta or a Lexus LS430.

I haven't tried it on anything else.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
because the Max Jacks got brought up previously - a friend bought a used set that was a couple years old, guy basically never used it. He set it up, was lifting a truck, cylinder seal blew and almost dumped the truck. Both cylinders were shot from not being used - so check the seals and stuff on anything used.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
because the Max Jacks got brought up previously - a friend bought a used set that was a couple years old, guy basically never used it. He set it up, was lifting a truck, cylinder seal blew and almost dumped the truck. Both cylinders were shot from not being used - so check the seals and stuff on anything used.
Not cool!

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
I measured both cars this morning. The ‘97 Cobra (SN95) distance between factory pinch rail jacking points is approx 58”, and the ‘12 GT500 (S197) was approx. 62”.

This means the 5000/7000 TL will work on the SN95, but will need the extensions to fit the S197. So, really the TLX model would be better because it fits 43”to 66”.

But if you’re impatient like me, and don’t want to wait for the TLX to be back in-stock, the TL with the extension adapter will work too, since it extends the TL’s 60” length to 66”.

Edit: Love this thing!!
IMG_3867.JPG

IMG_3893.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread