Quick warranty ?

69Mach1351w

Established Member
i have a 2.77 pulley a predator, and am about to buy the 4 piece BF idlers. My father is freaking out because he read somewhere that " for puts a special UV mark on the blower and stock pulley that they can see if they think that an aftermarket pulley has been installed. Also the guy said that, the Ford GT the lightning and the Cobra all have a "black box" that tell how many times the computer has been accessed." My car warranty started on 4/28/04 so now he is telling me not to mod the car until after the warranty. I looked up some information on voided warrantys, here, on this forum, but found nothing about the "black box or UV paint" Give me some advise, so far no head tick, and only warranty work was front door speaker install.

Thanks
Mark

OCCOBRA

Picture Whirled Peas
Established Member
Would not surprise me on these additional steps to see if the car is moded. Wait til after the warranty to mod. If you do mod just expect you have no warranty. There has been plenty of stories of people getting thier warranties voided.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I've never heard of the UV paint. Nor have I ever heard of anyone being bit by such a thing. Pretty slick idea though....

There is no "black box". What there is however is the ECM which is capable of recording flashes. That's what can trip you up. Of course, if you chip, it's very easy to detect. Basically, just figure if you mod the car, your warranty is gone. There are rare exceptions by friendly dealers, but SVT reps are getting more and more involved which takes the dealer discretion out of the equation.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
If you don't want to pay, you better not play. You should not be suprised if they voided your warranty if you pulley/tune the car.

BTW, is it your car or your dads?

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
ALl I know is that in the owners manuel states in BOLD writing "adding an aftermarket chip or pulley will void engine warrenty" or something to that effect That is why I am waiting until my warrenty is up before I do the motor (just in case I develop the tick or something) But even still I am sure a non mod friendly dealership would try to void my warrenty with the simple bolt ons I have already--like dude said if your warrenty is important to you hold off on the pulley/ reflash or just find a mod friendly dealership

Users who are viewing this thread