Quick Video :: 2015 Mustang GT Manual Shifter Actuation

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I recently had the opportunity to shoot a quick and dirty phone video (I know the quality is crap) of the 2015 Mustang GT manual shifter function. This car is a prototype, so final judgement should be withheld until the full production version is released. Still, I'm not happy to see that the reverse function requires you to pull up on the shifter shaft collar (similar to a Focus or Fiesta). Overall, the shifter felt like a combination of a 2011-2014 Mustang GT and a Focus ST. The self-centering spring-back is a nice feature. While not terrible, it could definitely be improved upon by the aftermarket. Still, it's important to remember that this car is not the finished product. A lot of things could change between now and this Fall.

[youtube_browser]ibfA_uxbKkc[/youtube_browser]

-SID297:beer:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
cool vid. would you say the throws were similar to now>? or maybe a little shorter?

Last edited:

Colleton

Established Member
The "pull up on the collar to shift into reverse" is a euro thing. It may even be a legal requirement, but am not sure about that.

At any rate, it's an easy thing to get used to.

KonaFifty

Established Member
i dont think the pull up to get into reverse is that bad...most people rarely use it 99% of the day. the shifts look super long still though, i thought they said it was suppose to be shorter than the current model?

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
That throw looked as long has my stock terminator shifter! As for the reverse feature, I just got used to the push down into reverse dont know how I like this one

01turbowolf

ford tech
Established Member
The "pull up on the collar to shift into reverse" is a euro thing. It may even be a legal requirement, but am not sure about that.

At any rate, it's an easy thing to get used to.

not so sure about that the push down and over is how all the vw's are

Lemers

Established Member
How do you think that "pull up collar" for reverse will work with after market? Will they be able to make short throw shifters that will work?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Was playing with the reverse shaft thing in my Daewoo in Korea. Bam! Light turns green, I throw it in gear and go the wrong ****ing way.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
It will likely lock out like the current mt-82 ...looks like i will be getting an automatic when they come out!

Users who are viewing this thread