quick tire question

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
hey i know that the 315/35/17 nitto drag radials will fit on our stock rims but

Will the bfg 315/35/17 drag radials fit on our stock rims? :??:

i read in the 5.0 i believe that the guy that ran a 10.97 on stock irs was using the bfg drag radials on his stock rims.

oh and by the way which are better tires and which last longer
the Nitto's or the BFG's

04Screamer

Established Member
I don't think the 315 BFG's will clear the IRS bolt without spacers. The Nitto sizes seem to be different for some reason.

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
oh cool i didn't know that thanks. too bad i had a real good deal on some bfgs from the tire shop on my air force base 'ohh well

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Originally posted by Thomas Morgan
hey i know that the 315/35/17 nitto drag radials will fit on our stock rims but

Will the bfg 315/35/17 drag radials fit on our stock rims? :??:

i read in the 5.0 i believe that the guy that ran a 10.97 on stock irs was using the bfg drag radials on his stock rims.

oh and by the way which are better tires and which last longer
the Nitto's or the BFG's
Edit i misread what you said

Last edited:

cobra101

Established Member
I got 6700 out of my stock F1's with steel belts showing bad.

I now have 8000 on my nitto's and the steel belts are showing on the right back tire. Both are basically shot. I am Looking for new nitto's or a cheap street tire this week.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Hey what about the goodyear Dsg1's (if thats the proper name for em) I have seen a lot of people on here use those too. Whats the difference?

O4COBRA

Established Member
The tires he is talking in the above post are the Eagle F1 GS-D3's, I know becuase I work for Goodyear tires! They are awesome tires, they get as good of traction as the stock F1's, but a lot better in the wet!! The Eagle F1 GS-D3's have almost a full slick rating in the dry!! Anybody needs some let me know, I can get a hold of the 315/35/17 easy, or any size, let me know!! They also make them in the stock Cobra size as well!! These tires are designed to be very quiet, if you look at the pic at the bottom, the deep channels are twice as long as the tire is wide, you won't believe the traction with these, they also have a rim protector!!

FFW14.JPG

Last edited:

cobra101

Established Member
Do those gs's 315's fit on the stock rim as easy and as well as the nitto 315's ?

How much are they?

O4COBRA

Established Member
I have not yet put them on a new Cobra, the section width on them is 12.3", I'm pretty sure they will fit, but not sure! Probably looking at $300+TAX+SHIPPING, each!! If you don't know they are on back order but I have the inside track to get, so let me know if you are interested!!! If you need any other tire size let me know, other sizes should be available, and of course I can get a hold of the F1 stock tires!!

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
Do you know if goodyear ever plans on making the GS D3's in 295-35-18 or better yet 315-30-18?

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
back to the drag radial question, my 275/40/17 bfg drags are almost as wide as my buddies 315/35/17 nitto 555r's. also, mine hook better. i have about 4000 miles on them, and they still have about an 8th inch of tread. but i havent done much racing with them. no burnouts, and im gentle with them. i will buy them again. also, they dont look retarded on the stock 9"wheel.

Last edited:

O4COBRA

Established Member
Yeah it's kind of strang that Tirerack sells them so cheap, they must buy a bunch at a time!! But when they go on back order there is nothing they can do, then only Goodyear people can get a hold of them! I'm guessing on the price, I looked at them the other day but could not remember exactly so I just gave an educated guess! It's probably a little bit cheaper, but by the time you have them shipped from Tirerack we usually come close to their price!!

04Screamer

Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
Im confused. Tirerack has them for $253 each.

Tirerack is hard to beat. That's where the Discount Tire here gets a lot of there tires.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread