**QUICK** Tire Dismount and Mount

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
[youtube_browser]rp50PAUYv-c[/youtube_browser]

I work at at shop and do this everyday, but honestly I'm pretty impressed.

Yes, it's a higher aspect ratio tire, with no TPMS sensor, but this guy is quick....

Last edited:

Luckybob2485

Established Member
I unfortunately do this every day as well, and have been for the past four years through college. He's decently quick, but there are some guys i have worked with that would run circles around this guy.

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
I unfortunately do this every day as well, and have been for the past four years through college. He's decently quick, but there are some guys i have worked with that would run circles around this guy.

Just wish all tires were this easy... Try doing that with low pro 24's, reverse mount... LOL

BlownAway03

Established Member
Honestly.... not that fast given the type of tire. Not to mention he dismounted and mounted a tire that wasn't new, which makes it a little easier.

Explosive

Established Member
Eh, I used to do that kind of work. Really not impressive for the kind of tire. If you do or have done this work I'm sure you've busted ass on some truck tires ect and gotten them done like that.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

This.

My old shop teacher did the dismount in half a rim with whatever old-school machine they had at school. Some mexican dude challenged him and proceeded to do just like the OP's video, everyone was very impressed to say the least. Our teacher goes "shit, looks like I have some competition" and proceeded to rip the tire off with the machine and one hand and then grab the other and work it on in literally 20 seconds, if not less. It was retarded. Dude just walked away, and ended up owing the teacher a soda every morning.

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
Doesn't take into account racking up the car, taking off the tires, balancing, reinstalling.. ect, ect...

I honestly think I could keep up with him if everything was prepped and ready for me.. and the machine we use is definitely not as good. Listen to that think zip around the tire and also reinflate it.

But the guy is pretty quick and I think the majority of the people not in the field have no clue what goes into it.

With a TPMS, better be careful breaking the bead, or you can expect a PRD of $50-$150

With a low profile tire, its not going to break the bead on the back side with one hit of the shovel. With reverse mount, forget about that time if you don't want to mess up the rim.

torchanniv03

Established Member
Lol I have younger twin brothers that both work(ed) at discount tire here in ft worth and they would BOTH put that guy to shame... Hes decent, not taking away from that, but they never stop rotating the tire when taking it off the wheel. Tell him to keep practicing! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread