Quick Supercharger question

97/4.6w/fangs

NA FTW
Established Member
Is it pretty easy to piece together a Procharger or Paxton setup?

I see head units sold all over the place but can you pick up a headunit and swap mounting brackets? Also what all is needed for a centrifugal setup?

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
There are a lot of parts need to put a s/c on and your best bet would be to buy a complete setup either new or used.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
they are easy. Get the headunit, mounting bracket, then its a matter of getting some 3.5 inch pipe, an intercooler, maf, C&L intake to make an easy match for your throttle body, some injectors, fuel pump, regulator and gauges of your choice.

OR just wait for someone who needs to get rid of their system and selling it cheap. Thats what I did.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
depends on what brand, condition, intercooler, aftercooler, and whats included..

I picked my p1sc kit up for 2300 complete except pump, then later got a d1 headunit with 3k miles on it for $550 (awsome deal) and sold my p1sc for $1100 so I spend $1750 on a complete d1sc kit. You dont come anywhere close to that price, unless you get extremly lucky as I did.

Then, got a fuel pump, lerger injectors, tune, red bypass and c&l intake pipe.

A basic kit, a good price would be around 2400, complete with a better blower around 3200 to 3500

Its all dependent on the condition, and whats included..

Last edited:

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
I pieced together my kit for 3000$. Intercooled novi 2k (new head unit & IC), pump, injectors, PMAS, brackets, and guages. Just haven't put it on. lol.

-Mark

Riskeman

Established Member
I put together mine for very cheap. I wanted a vortech so I started by downloading the manual for the kit. In the manual there was a full bill of materials with part numbers for the entire kit. I used it as a start and crossed off the list what I didn't want (fmu, intake piping, trex, etc) and added what I did want (lmaf, 42lbs injectors, 255 lph pump, power pipe, etc). The I just started searching forums, ebay, and asking around buying the stuff from people.

If you can't find something you can just search the part number at summit or buy it from superchargersonline. I ended up buying a used headunit that had a bad impellar and sending it into vortech for a minor rebuild and the si upgrade. It gave me piece of mind that the headunit would be good to go.

Good luck finding a coolant crossover tube used. I ended up buying it from summit and it was the most expensive part except for the headunit.

BM1

Established Member
Get ahold of Kurgan Motorsports if you're looking for a Vortech kit. They have ridiculous cheap prices on brand new kits.

You need to call them to get the real prices. www.kurganmotorsports.com

Last edited:

97/4.6w/fangs

NA FTW
Established Member
what is a good fuel pump to use?

and Can a KB Boost-a-pump be used if I'm only planning on running mild boost?

I'm still going to pick up some 39lb injectors and a 90mm maf but I only plan on running 6-8lbs of boost

Toasty

Established Member
what is a good fuel pump to use?

and Can a KB Boost-a-pump be used if I'm only planning on running mild boost?

I'm still going to pick up some 39lb injectors and a 90mm maf but I only plan on running 6-8lbs of boost

for a 96-97 car with those performance mods/goals a 255 walbro intank would be perfect. A 98 car would use the aviator in tank pump. I wouldnt go BAP - there's extra bits of wiring and vacuum lines and its not necessary if you are getting a custom tune with a upgraded intank pump.

Users who are viewing this thread