Quick spring install question

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
I bought my KB springs a few years ago but never had install directions and now KB is closed.

I already finished my rears and then I realized I might've put them in the wrong way. I made sure the orientation of the tail was correct and took notice of how the stock ones came out. I then realized the KB springs had a flat side to them and the other side was round. Does the flat side go to the top or bottom, because I think i put the flat side on the bottom. Will it even affect anything?

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
flat side on top I do believe. No idea if it will hurt anything but if I had to fancy a guess I'd say you need to flip them around.

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
really dont understand what your asking but if your talking about the rear springs the bottoms of the springs are smaller coils and the end of the coil should be pointing to the driver side of the car.

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
He is talking about the rears. His KB springs have a coil that is not completely round, one of the last ones is flat on top. My Bilsteins I had were like that.

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
Yah basically on the front and rear springs, on the end of the spring instead of a round coil, it is flat and then starts to round off.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
JaCobra said:
really dont understand what your asking but if your talking about the rear springs the bottoms of the springs are smaller coils and the end of the coil should be pointing to the driver side of the car.
this is only for solid axle springs. irs springs look like very similar to the fronts.

Users who are viewing this thread