Quick Rear End Question

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
Hey everyone, i know this isnt the correct place to ask a tech question but its the best place to get a response in any amount of time. So here goes...I have a friend that offered to help me change the gears in my 03 gt to 3.73s. I bought the gears and a bearing kit but also needed to know what else do i need to buy?? How much of what fluids etc etc! Thanks everyone any responses are greatly appreciated!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Magnet mount dail caliper to set backlash.
If he doesn't have one or know why you need it then bring it to some else and pay them.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Gears are not something you want to try yourself for the first time. At least without a GOOD write up or instructions that tell you step by step how to set them up properly.

If you don't get it right you will have a whine from hell.

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
well he has installed several different gears in his z28 and says he can do it without a doubt. i just wanted to know what and how much fluid and etc i needed to bring along with the parts for him to install. thanks for the replies so far!

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
svtexcelr8 said:
well he has installed several different gears in his z28 and says he can do it without a doubt. i just wanted to know what and how much fluid and etc i needed to bring along with the parts for him to install. thanks for the replies so far!
You know I do gears I have all the rear end gears, calipers, depth gauge and all, fluid you will need 75, 140 synethic 4 quarts to be safe, crush sleeve, and pinion seal, I do gears for buddies for $200.00 I have all shims, and they will have no WHINE, CALEB

Users who are viewing this thread