Quick Question

PolandDogs

Established Member
So I bought Cervini CS Style window and door scoops for my car I am a little worried about them flying off due to catching wind or air, I mean they are held on by only double sided type. Also I have seen where people have cut out the back indented section of the window scoop. Would It be better for me to cut mine out to let air through it or would it catch more air this way? Anybody have any problems losing them or coming off?:shrug:

thgt500

Established Member
Scoops

I do not have the Cervini's but they are all pretty much the same. My AM pre painted scoops have a ton of high speed street runs, loads of track time, and 2 Texas Mile's at speeds between 180 to 195. Never had an issue. Make sure and follow directions, use the adhesion promoter, start with a real clean surface, and you should be fine.

PolandDogs

Established Member
I do not have the Cervini's but they are all pretty much the same. My AM pre painted scoops have a ton of high speed street runs, loads of track time, and 2 Texas Mile's at speeds between 180 to 195. Never had an issue. Make sure and follow directions, use the adhesion promoter, start with a real clean surface, and you should be fine.

Thank you...I am sure as many people Ive seen that had them there would be no issue....

dajohu

Established Member
I'd be interested in hearing responses too. I wanted side scoops and window scoops for the longest time but have basically talked myself out of it. Worrying about them flying off at high speed and slowing me down (every .1 mph or wasted hp counts!). Or popping off during a car wash or something. Plus I kinda like the simple smooth sides of the car as is it sits after having it a while now.

The set I was interested in was about $500 or so for prepainted window & lower side scoops from american muscle if I remember right.

Tmatt142

Established Member
I've got side scoops, been up to 145 or so and no issues. The main thing is cleaning the area properly so that they actually DONT fly off! Lotsa rubbing alcohol to clean the surfaces. I also removed the narrow 3M tape that came with the scoops and put on a wider band of it.

PolandDogs

Established Member
:thumbsup:
I've got side scoops, been up to 145 or so and no issues. The main thing is cleaning the area properly so that they actually DONT fly off! Lotsa rubbing alcohol to clean the surfaces. I also removed the narrow 3M tape that came with the scoops and put on a wider band of it.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I couldn't keep my cervini's scoops on to save my life. I remember one year at Fab Ford there must have been a dozen car that had theirs fall off in the 100* heat.

Hopefully your milage will vary, but I hated mine.

I ended up putting the Silver Horse Racing louvers in my windows. You actually have to remove the glass to have these scoops installed.

Users who are viewing this thread