quick question

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
okay bought a 87 foxbody a few days ago, i love it. Just a quick question, when i shift to second or some other gears, it is really hard not to make the car jerk, u have to be like an elite feel for the clutch, its just kind of annoying having to be soo damn precise when i let go of the clutch. I had a centerforce clutch in my other fox, and it didnt seem to be that way. I believe the clutch in the car now is stock, is this normal? I was thinking maybe its time for new motor/tranny mounts, but should it really jerk like that if it were the case, i was thinking it would vibrate a hella then it should at higher speeds. Anyway, just curious to see if something is up or its normal, thanks guys.

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
it doesnt do it often now after i ran some fuel injector cleaner and fuel treatment through it, and some oil treatment, maybe it was a hesitation from idle, but it didnt hesitate at all when i reved it at idle. I duno, the car runs mint though, maybe it is just me

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
well i didnt get too much help, surprising ha. But maybe this part of the forums dont get much attention :( but neway. I found out what the problem was, one of the transmission cross members were broken, slapped a new cross member in there and the car is mint again :)

Users who are viewing this thread