Quick Question?

RoushRngr

Established Member
Quick Questions?

A few things in reference to intake and exhaust...i saw a guy on contours.org with a Kurts Kustom intake and it had a heat shield, tried searching came up with nothing, any help?....is there a drop in filter (other than paper) for the stock svt intake since it looks like a pretty good intake, is there a intake tube that mates with this airbox? Is the aem intake anygood? The last question concerns exhaust, those of you with Truebenz exhaust, do you have the resonated tips or not, which do you prefer, the sound file of the n/r tips sounded really bad ass, but i dont want it to freakin loud just a really nice tone, any info. Sorry for all the questions, Thanks for all the help, interested in purchasing a svtc and wanted to do some research first.

Last edited:

whitelx

Established Member
Best intake will be to just buy a MAF adapter and a K&N RU-3550. And make a heatshield. Some people have used a 5 gal. trash can but you can get creative on that part. Or you could try and get a SHO Shop CAI, which is what I run, but they have changed their direction and are a pain to deal with anyway. Try SPMotorsports.com they may have a couple left over.
-whitelx

RoushRngr

Established Member
cool, thanx for the info, Jason what material did u use for the heatshield on ur intake shown on ur website? What do you guys think about sheet metal or carbon fiber?, i have access to both.
Anything about the exhaust stuff? Or what do you guys have for exhaust?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread