Quick question

Douger807

Soon to be SVT
Established Member
I am about to purchase a 2003 L with 7463 miles for $22,900 (seems like a good deal). I went to the dealer today and the salesman let me take it for a test drive. When I started it up, it sounded like a vent was blowing but the AC was off and no air was coming out. The sound was coming right from under the dash where the vacuum line is. I put my hand down there and felt a little bit of a leak. However, when i took it for a run, I was still able to produce full boost which I didn't think was possible if there was a leak? Am I right or could you guys think of anything else that it might be? I am hopefully closing the deal on this truck within the next couple of days. Hopefully I can get some responses soon. Thanks!

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Could it be a hole in the exhaust somewhere? Shouldn't have anything to do with your blower/vac lines if you still get boost. Is it a large "whooshing" sound like when you first start up w/ the AC on? That's a pretty good price. If you end up being serious, tell them you'll only buy it if you can take it to a Ford dealership and let them do an inspection.

Last edited:

Douger807

Soon to be SVT
Established Member
Yeah, it did sound like a whooshing noise but it lasted for a long time. It finally stopped after running it for about 5 miles. It is at a Ford dealer. The salesman said that if I buy it he will have the guys take a look at it since it still has one year of warranty left. Thanks for your help.

Bootie

Established Member
Douger807 said:
Yeah, it did sound like a whooshing noise but it lasted for a long time. It finally stopped after running it for about 5 miles. It is at a Ford dealer. The salesman said that if I buy it he will have the guys take a look at it since it still has one year of warranty left. Thanks for your help.

I don't think I would buy it before it was fixed.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Douger807 said:

OHHHH did he say "warranty left"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
You better hope its stock.....Just to let you know 2 years ago I bought a used Camaro from a dealership and had nothing but tranny problems....When I brought the car back they would not warranty it because of all of the mods.I bought the car with all of the mods on it... Make a long story short I sold the car privately and after almost going to court they gave me the difference of what I lost. What a headache...Just make sure the computer chip was not removed and look for any signs of modifications.If there are have them write it down on the contract...Make sure you get it in writing!!!!

Last edited:

Bootbox

Established Member
Fast Fridge said:
I am a penis
There, fixed it for ya.

To the original poster, seems like a killer deal. Grab it once they fix that woosh.

:beer:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Yup. Definitely make them find out what's wrong with it and have it fixed before you buy it. Also have them list any aftermarket modifications on the bill of sale. That way it'll be on them if there are any "warranty ending" mods on it.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Mine does this from time to time. At least it sounds like this. I usually just drive it normal and it stops after driving it a mile or so. My Dakota used to do this also. As for air leaking...i don't know.

Get a extended warranty!!

Users who are viewing this thread