Quick question on tunes (summer versus winter)

farmboy90

Established Member
If I have my car tuned in 110 degree Phoenix weather versus having it tuned in 60 degree Phoenix winter, will the tunes be the same?

I realize the horsepower will be different, but will the tunes themselves be the same?

I am debating taking a "canned" tune from someone like Van and Lund, or having a local dyno shop do it. The thinking being that doing it locally would ensure my car was tuned in the temperatures and atmosphere that I drive in.

But does this really matter at all? Are the tunes just simply smart enough to compensate for ambient differences?

Thanks!

Van@RevanRacing

If I have my car tuned in 110 degree Phoenix weather versus having it tuned in 60 degree Phoenix winter, will the tunes be the same?

I realize the horsepower will be different, but will the tunes themselves be the same?

I am debating taking a "canned" tune from someone like Van and Lund, or having a local dyno shop do it. The thinking being that doing it locally would ensure my car was tuned in the temperatures and atmosphere that I drive in.

But does this really matter at all? Are the tunes just simply smart enough to compensate for ambient differences?

Thanks!

Your car has commanded wide bands in the front O2 sensors. These sensors make all the difference in the world with changing fuel and addin spark. In all the years I've been doing this I've never sold a customer a "cold weather tune"

The actual air density can change from one day to the next.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread