Quick question on a roush blower....

Brad59

Established Member
Called a guy about a 5.0 automattic car today with a roush blower. He tells me the car has manley rods and pistons and comp cams which I am fine with. But he says the dyno sheet says it has the 69mm pulley and was tuned on 93 octane. Could this be right? I was under the impression that 79mm or so was as low as you could go on 93. To be fair the guy bought the car like it is and doesn't know much about it. Dyno sheet showed 660 whp and almost 600 torque.

Vert

Established Member
I would be more concerned about it running out of fuel whether then if the 69mm pulley is too much for 93 oct.

Brad59

Established Member
It has 95lb injectors and a boost a pump is what he said. I don't know enough about the coyote to know whats up. 660 was on a mustang dyno so that would make it seem like it was on the 69mm. The dyno sheet shows 15lbs of boost. I just thought I remembered vmp telling me a while back that 93 octane was limited to about the 79mm pulley. Anymore pulley would need a race gas tune. I could easily be wrong.

Brad59

Established Member
He had the build sheet and receipts from the motor build and tune. Thats where he got the 69mm from. I'm gonna have him check the numbers on the pulley but 15lbs of boost sure sounds like the 69mm to me.

Slowb00st

Established Member
He had the build sheet and receipts from the motor build and tune. Thats where he got the 69mm from. I'm gonna have him check the numbers on the pulley but 15lbs of boost sure sounds like the 69mm to me.

what compression? That would greatly change the octane requirement...

Vert

Established Member
15lbs is about right for a 69mm pulley, only good thing is the forged internals. Id be more concerned about bearings and OPGs.

Brad59

Established Member
I'm not sure on compression, that's a good question. I'll have him send me the build sheet. It does have billet opg's and I'm pretty sure new bearings. The owner before him had a rod let go so had the bottom end rebuilt with forged rods and pistons and opg's along with comp cams. This guy bought it because he was looking for a white one and thought it would be cool to have gt500 power for half the price. He says the car is just way more power than he can use and he never drives it. I would have to do a lot more research before buying but all opinions welcome.

Mcdiaz

rookie SVT Poster
Established Member
well sir i ran the 90mm and the 85mm with tuning and 91 octane and it detonated slightly so the only way i could run safely, the 82mm i wanted to run is to convert to e85 which i did no problems now, the previous owner ran the 82mm with 93 octane and a AED tune from shaun with no issues but a 79mm might be a little much for 93 octane in my opinion.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
As mentioned above Im assuming the car probably is running much lower compression than a stock motor. Since the motor is built and blown I would have a compression and leak down test performed on it.

Users who are viewing this thread