quick question for redline

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
i thought cobras redline at 7..... for some reasone my car will not go past 6500. it stalls right at 6500. Any ideas.... oh an a friend said yr peak power is between 6-6500 so no reason for going to 7 ....but need to know why it stalls like that...

Thx Vick

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
You want to go over the peak so that the next gear is on the upswing of the powerband.
6500 and stalls, could be alot of things, Fuel pressure, Plug wires. ECM, and even bad ground.

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
it feels like its governed..... like my 03 nissan frontier , it will not let me go over 95.....thats what it feels like when i am in my cobra...so as i hit 6500 it backs off ...... one of my buddys suggested that i like at the computer an see if the dealership installed a flight simulater... :shrug: :shrug: so here i am trying to get some input before i pull that kick panel off,......

Last edited:

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
98(oBra\/ert said:
Your tachometer could be off also. Mine reads 200 rpm to high.
didnt even think of that....how do i go checking that ,.... an if it is that how do i fix it...srry noobish... :) Vick

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Vick said:
didnt even think of that....how do i go checking that ,.... an if it is that how do i fix it...srry noobish... :) Vick
To check it you will need to hook up a good tach to compare or find someone with a data logger or scan equipment that can read RPMs real time from the computer.
To fix it,

OK, laugh all you want at the old guy but I would.
1.remember it's 200 off and continue as is.
2.get good aftermarket tach installed.

Personally I go with #1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread