Quick poll.

More driver friendly?

• Vette, never been in the drivers seat of a Cobra.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Nothing new, but it kinda gets into more detail.

After getting a C5 in trade in up here I decided to sit in it, get the feel of the Vette. I've liked them for a while now, but never had a chance to look around on the inside for a while. I have to say, other than the absence of a good cup holder, the Vette is a LOT more driver friendly than the newer mustangs and cobras.

Although low to the ground, the drivers view is not obscured by anything, the seats even though very supportive with the side bolsters are nice and soft compared to the stiff leather and suede in the cobras. The H.U.D. is a good way to keep your eye on your speed without taking your eye off the very crowded roads we drive on today. The shifter is in a comfy position unlike the mustangs where you have to outstretch your arm.

Those are the main things I've noticed. I know the Vettes are more expensive than the Cobras but there's a reason. Unless you have to fit more than two people in the car, the Vette would be a LOT more satisfying to drive everyday.

So to my poll, which of you prefer the mustang/cobra driver layout compared to the Vette...and of those of you who vote, who have actually been in the Vette to get a feel for it?

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
Ive been in the passenger seat of a vette and it is very comfortable compared to the drivers seat of my cobra. The vette is kind of a pain to get in and out of but im sure it is easy to get use to. and once your in the seat it is very comfortable.
But i must say that the passenger seats on the cobras are more comfortable than the drivers seat is, IMO.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
RidnRodsLightng said:
you getting rid of the dike truck and having trouble deciding or just felt the need to make another worthless poll? :poke:

I want to get rid of it, but I couldn't afford a newer Cobra or Vette right now. Depending on what job I get after I move in January, I might try and get a 96-98 Cobra or an LS1 F-body...that's just wishful thinking though.

<--Poor college student. :)

I was just thinking about all the arguments of is the Cobra or Vette a better buy and people bashing the Vette, some of which had probably never driven one.

(Good god this site is going slow.)

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
The vette feels more like a ****pit than the cobra.

But like was pointed out, you usually get what you pay for.

RidnRodsLightng

Established Member
poopnut2 said:
I want to get rid of it, but I couldn't afford a newer Cobra or Vette right now. Depending on what job I get after I move in January, I might try and get a 96-98 Cobra or an LS1 F-body...that's just wishful thinking though.

<--Poor college student. :)

I was just thinking about all the arguments of is the Cobra or Vette a better buy and people bashing the Vette, some of which had probably never driven one.

(Good god this site is going slow.)

It's ok, i was just messin' with you anyway ;-)

2004 Culebra

Established Member
I drove a new C6 at the auto show in motion in Irvine at the airstrip at el toro...

I was unimpressed, I had more fun launching and taking out the supercharged caddy they had there...

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'm just a stubborn Cobra loyalist and can't come up with big chunks of cash at one time.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I drove a C5 ZO6 a few months ago and it was amazing. It would touch my mustang on performance but for a pure drivers car it was unbelivable.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Oh yeah one more thing the only thing I don't like about the Vette is it is a pain to get in and out of. The C5's aren't as bad as the C4's but they are still a pain. I can't imagine trying to get in and out of one when I am in my fifties because it is a pain in the ass now at 19.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
cobra_4 said:
Oh yeah one more thing the only thing I don't like about the Vette is it is a pain to get in and out of. The C5's aren't as bad as the C4's but they are still a pain. I can't imagine trying to get in and out of one when I am in my fifties because it is a pain in the ass now at 19.

I didn't mind it, but I can see why some people would. That seat is WAY down there. I just kinda fall into it because once you're in the seat it was worth the trip down.

Users who are viewing this thread