Quick nitrous question.

mustangfo

Established Member
I just changed out my plugs to my 05 GT to the HT0's. I have been running a 75 shot (Zex kit) and was wondering if i would be ok to run a 100 shot with out a tune for a few runs. I know that a tune and plugs is recommend for anything bigger then a 75 shot.

screamingstang

BLOWN$BOTTLEFED
Established Member
I just changed out my plugs to my 05 GT to the HT0's. I have been running a 75 shot (Zex kit) and was wondering if i would be ok to run a 100 shot with out a tune for a few runs. I know that a tune and plugs is recommend for anything bigger then a 75 shot.

its not safe but you can do it..

im running stock plugs 110 race gas and 100 shot tuned..and im doing fine..
i cant wait to do 150 shot and c16. with new plugs of course...

mustangfo

Established Member
what kind of times do you run with the 100 shot. And what other mods do you have? I only got to spray once at the track and I ran a 13.3 which I am not to happy with

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I'm not going to tell you what to do but I'm going to spray my 08 GT soon and I'm putting a 100 shot NX kit on it. A ZEX kit rates there HP to the crank NOT the the wheels like NX and Nitrous Works. So IMO a ZEX 100 shot would be close to the same as a 75 shot NX kit.

In theroy you can raise your base timing 4 degrees from stock right. So if you raise it 4 degrees and then you put a 100 shot you would have to lower the timing 2 degrees for every 50 hp. So the would be back at stock timing.

So take that as you will but I did not tell you to raise it up. I told you my opinion. As long as you are un-tuned you should be fine or with a nitrous tune I think you should be fine. A tuner ups the timing which is not good with Nitrous.

My 2 cents worth.

hottcobra

wish I had a terminator
Established Member
I have a brenspeed mail order for the zex 150 shot. running HT0s and 93 octane. I've run about 4 10lb bottles with no porblems.

I am on my 3rd set of plugs tho.

mustangfo

Established Member
I have a brenspeed mail order for the zex 150 shot. running HT0s and 93 octane. I've run about 4 10lb bottles with no porblems.

I am on my 3rd set of plugs tho.

Why have you used so many plugs?

I will get a SCT tuner after i get my tax return and right now its a coin flip between the JLT cai or some internals. The reason that i want to spary the 100 shot is cuz there is this T/A that wants to race me all the time. I have raced him a few time and i won 2 out of the 3 time we raced and I just wanted to finish him off. He thinks he could beat me but he dont know that on the last race i miss shifted. That is the reason he won. And the other reason is cuz i want to break into the 12s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread